Healthy and comfort food came together and this Chicken Stew was born. It cooks slowly in the oven and only takes a few minutes of prep time.
Recipes with minimal hands on time are totally my jam. You, too? Good. Make this Chicken Stew!
Can I Make This Chicken Stew in the Crockpot?
I know you’re going to ask! The answer is yes, yes you can. The oven cooking temperature is 250 degrees, so if you’d like to use your slow cooker in place of the oven, I suggest 5 hours on low or 3 hours on high.
Instructions for Easy Oven Chicken Stew
This recipe could not be any easier. Let me show you!
- First, you’ll put the chicken in the bottom of the pot. Pro tip: ask the butcher at your grocery store to cube the chicken for you. They are usually happy to do it and it’s SUCH a time saver!
- Cover your chicken pieces with the vegetables.
- In a medium bowl mix together the garlic, arrowroot, can of tomatoes and chicken stock. Pour over the vegetables in the Dutch oven.
- Sprinkle with the thyme, oregano, sage, poultry seasoning and red pepper flakes.
- Cover tightly and bake for 1 hour. Remove from oven and stir thoroughly. Return to oven and continue baking for 3 more hours stirring occasionally.
Your whole family is going to love this delicious, comforting meal. Please let me know if you try it and I’d love you to share a picture on Instagram! Tag me @happyhealthymama and use the hashtag #happyhealthymama. Happy cooking!
If you love healthy soups and stews, you might also enjoy these recipes!