This Easy Oven Chicken Stew is filled with herbs and fresh vegetables and makes an easy, healthy dinner.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 1 cup peeled and diced carrots
- 1 cup peeled and diced potatoes
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 medium onion, diced
- Salt and black pepper
- 3 gloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot (corn starch or tapioca may be substituted)
- 1 28oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped thyme
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped oregano
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped sage
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- Put chicken pieces into a Dutch oven or large casserole dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover chicken pieces with the diced vegetables.
- In a medium bowl mix together the garlic, tapioca, can of tomatoes and chicken stock. Pour over the vegetables in the Dutch oven.
- Sprinkle with the thyme, oregano, sage, poultry seasoning and red pepper flakes.
- Cover tightly and bake for 1 hour. Remove from oven and stir thoroughly. Return to oven and continue baking for 3 more hours stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with a crusty loaf of bread or dinner rolls.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Category: dinner recipes
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 277
- Sugar: 7.4 grams
- Fat: 4.4 grams
- Saturated Fat: 1 gram
- Carbohydrates: 29.9 grams
- Fiber: 5.1 grams
- Protein: 30 grams
Keywords: chicken stew