If you need an easy recipe for Gingerbread Cookies that requires no chilling, this is the recipe for you! These cookies are crisp on the edges, soft in the center, and perfectly spiced! The best part? They’re ready in 30 minutes!
Are you a classic cookie lover? Today I have a very simple, classic, and delicious Gingerbread Cookie recipe for you.
Gingerbread Cookies are the only non-chocolate cookie I really gravitate towards around the holidays. I love the warm spices and the crispy edges with soft centers of these tasty cookies.
If you like quick and easy, this recipe is definitely for you!
These Gingerbread Cookies are SO quick and easy and they require no chilling. That means you can have these ready in 30 minutes! If you’re making a variety of Christmas cookies, Gingerbread Cookies have to be on the list!
I definitely have a variety of healthified holiday cookies and treats on my site, but sometimes I leave it alone and use all the butter, refined sugar, and white flour. This is one of those times. Balance=healthy. 🙂
Recipe Ingredients-What You Need
The ingredients are very simple–you probably have them on hand right now.
- 1/2 cup cold butter ( 115 grams , 4 oz, 1 stick , 8 tablespoons), cut into pieces
- 1/2 cups brown sugar – (297 grams, 10.5 oz)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground clove
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (245 grams, 8.7 oz)
How to Make Gingerbread Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and brown sugar until creamy. This should take about a minute or two on medium-high speed.
- Add in the egg, ginger powder, cinnamon powder, clove powder and salt. Mix till everything is combined well and looks creamy in texture.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the flour in batches until combined. The dough will be little hard and it should hold the shape.
- Roll the dough into a thickness of 1/4″-1/3″ using a rolling pin. Cut out cookies using a cookie cutter.
- Line your baking tray with parchment paper and place your cut cookies. Bake for 10 minutes. Once baked, remove and let it cool. As they cools the cookies will harden a bit.
- It’s important to use cold butter for this recipe The butter used should be straight from the refrigerator, so don’t take the butter out until you’re ready to begin.
- If you like your gingerbread cookies to be a little crunchy you can bake them for 12 minutes. If baking for 10 minutes the cookies will be crunchy at the corners and a little soft and chewy in the middle.
Looking for more cookies to add to your Christmas baking list? You may also love these Healthy Ginger Cookies, Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies! And definitely don’t miss these Vegan and Gluten-Free Carmelitas!
If you try these, please let me know! Leave a comment and star rating–it helps other readers see that my recipes are tried and true! I’d also love to see what you make! Share on Instagram and tag me @happyhealthymama and use the hashtag #happyhealthymamarecipes. I’d love to connect on Facebook, too! I appreciate you.Print