Vegetable Lentil Soup is warm, comforting, and healthy. If you love healthy soup recipes, this one is for you. If you’re looking for something that will help you keep eating healthy even when you’re craving heavy comfort foods (whhhyyyy do you do this to us, winter?) then soup is your answer.
Not only is soup a warm, comforting, and satisfying meal, it also helps greatly when life gets busy. I will make huge, double batches of soup so I have quick and easy meals for those times during the week when I don’t have time to do anything more than heat up my food.
I don’t anticipate writing another cookbook anytime soon, but if I ever do, I’d love to write a soup cookbook. I have so much fun creating new soup recipes and I never get sick of eating soup! I will link more of my favorite healthy soup recipes below so you can have inspiration to keep new soups in your rotation all winter long!
Vegetable Lentil Soup Ingredients
This Vegetable Lentil soup is a vegan and gluten-free soup that has a good amount of protein. The lentils are also a great source of iron and fiber.
Here’s a peek at what’s inside this nourishing soup recipe, but feel free to make vegetable substitutions according to what you have on hand.
- vegetable broth
- red bell pepper
- Italian seasonings
How to Make Vegetable Lentil SoupPrint
Vegetable Lentil Soup
This Vegetable Lentil Soup is hearty, healthy, and comforting. Made with Italian spices and tomatoes, it’s a winter staple that is vegan and gluten free.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: recipes
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large zucchini, quartered length wise and then sliced
- 1 medium red bell diced, large diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup green lentils
- 1 (15 ounce) can Italian spiced diced tomatoes
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
- In a large stock pot, heat the oil.
- Add the onion, carrot, celery, seasoning blend, salt, and pepper. Sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, bell pepper, and garlic and sauté another minute.
- Add the lentils, diced tomatoes with the liquid, and vegetable broth. Bring to a simmer and simmer until the lentils are cooked, about 40 minutes. Stir in the fresh parsley and serve. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: ~1 1/2 cup
- Calories: 215
- Sugar: 8.7 grams
- Fat: 5.4 grams
- Saturated Fat: 0.6 grams
- Carbohydrates: 34.2 grams
- Fiber: 6.3 grams
- Protein: 9.5 grams
Keywords: Vegetable Lentil Soup
More Healthy Soup Recipes You’ll Love
Here are some of my favorite healthy soup recipes I love to make and share!