So this is how my life is going lately: I made this Vegan Mushroom Soup about 6 weeks ago. I was immediately in love and knew I wanted to share it with you.
I made it again and ate it all up before I took any photos.
Aaaaand here we are into spring and I’m sharing a soup recipe.
c’est la vie
But there was no way I was waiting until fall or winter to publish this recipe. There will be plenty of chilly, rainy spring nights when this Vegan Mushroom Soup is going to sound just perfect.
I mean, where I live it’s only 47 degrees right now. Where my parents live is still buried in snow. It’s fine. I’ll get my life together soon; I promise.
If you are a mushroom person, you’re going to love this.
It’s so quick, easy, and flavorful. A little creaminess, but totally dairy free and vegan.
There is coconut milk in this Vegan Mushroom Soup, but I can’t even taste the slightest hint of coconut. The creamy texture comes through, but not the flavor.
Just writing about this savory soup is making me want a big bowl, so I suggest you make a double batch. Trust me on this one.
You should also try this vegan and gluten-free Sweet Potato Soup! Just saying.
How to Make Vegan Mushroom SoupPrint
Quick and Easy Vegan Mushroom Soup
This Vegan Mushroom Soup is quick, easy, and the best mushroom soup I’ve ever tasted!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 23 minutes
- Total Time: 28 minutes
- Yield: serves 4 1x
- Category: vegan recipes
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces sliced white mushrooms
- 8 ounces sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (13.66 ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
- 32 ounces vegetable stock
- In a large stock pot, heat the avocado oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until just softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, mushrooms, salt, pepper, basil, and oregano and sauté until the mushrooms release their liquid and cook down, about 10 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and vegetable stock and stir until the coconut milk is completely combined with the stock.
- Bring to a simmer and allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 297
- Sugar: 9 grams
- Fat: 25.4
- Saturated Fat: 19.5 grams
- Carbohydrates: 16 grams
- Fiber: 4 grams
- Protein: 6.3 grams
Keywords: Vegan Mushroom Soup
If you’re like me and don’t really care what season it is, you still want soup, here are some of my favorite options!