This vibrant Cauliflower Soup with Coconut, Turmeric, and Lime will warm your soul and help you glow from the inside out!
I know it seems a bit off-season to publish a Cauliflower Soup recipe in June. Let me explain. First of all, I really could (and do) eat soup all year long. It’s my favorite way to use up vegetables and eat a lot of them in one dish.
In fact, it was the need to use up some vegetables that fueled the creation of this soup. I had some cauliflower that needed to be eaten, so I started flipping through one of my favorite cookbooks, Vegetable Literacy. I saw a recipe for Cauliflower Soup with Coconut, Turmeric, and Lime that sounded fabulous.
So I made it. And I loved it. I loved it so much, I knew I had to bring this recipe to you. Even though it’s June. I made a few changes to the original recipe in Vegetable Literacy. (I highly recommend this cookbook, by the way. It has over 300 vegetable recipes that will not only inspire you, it’s also so informative. It helps you get intimate with 12 different families from the plant kingdom.) The cookbook recipe calls for basmati rice. While it sounded lovely, my husband wouldn’t eat it if it had too many carbs (I know, I know…) so I left the rice out. I also omitted the coconut butter it calls for since that’s not an ingredient I have on hand all the time.
I was smitten with the results. This cauliflower soup has one of my favorite flavor profiles. Coconut+turmeric+lime? Yes, yes, yes. Oh, and curry! Yes!
This soup was actually quite filling, even without the rice. You could easily make it a meal with the addition of a salad and maybe a little crusty bread with butter.
Whether you make this during a rainy summer day, or tuck it away for when the weather turns colder, I hope you love it as much as I do!Print
Cauliflower Soup with Coconut, Turmeric, and Lime
This Cauliflower Soup with Coconut, Turmeric, and Lime is quick and easy to make and is full of flavor! This is naturally gluten-free. You can make it vegan by using oil in place of the butter or ghee and using vegetable stock.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 2 tablespoons butter or ghee
- 2 leeks, white and light green part only, chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped cilantro stems and leaves
- 1 1/2 pounds cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- sea salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut milk, plus enough stock to total 4 cups
- Juice of 1 large lime
- Chopped cilantro to finish
- Melt the butter or ghee in a medium stock pot over medium-low heat.
- Add the leeks, cilantro, and cauliflower and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the turmeric, curry powder, and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt.
- Pour in the coconut milk and stock, raise the heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover the pot partially, and cook for 20-25 minutes, until the cauliflower is tender.
- Scoop a few cups of the soup out of the pot and put it in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth and then return it to the pot.
- Reheat gently and add the lime juice. Taste for salt and adjust accordingly.
- Top each bowl with the extra chopped cilantro. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Vegetable Literacy.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Sugar: 5
- Fat: 30
- Carbohydrates: 19
- Fiber: 6
- Protein: 10
Love cauliflower? You should also try my Simply Roasted Cauliflower!
If you make this recipe or any Happy Healthy Mama recipe, I would love to see it! Snap a picture and share it on the Happy Healthy Mama Facebook page or on your Instagram and tag me @happyhealthymama 🙂
Would you like to save this recipe for later? Here’s an image to save to your Pinterest recipe board!
If you love soup as much as I do, check out all of my soup recipes here.
Please note that links to products are affiliate links in this post. THANK YOU for supporting my blogging efforts!