This Vegetable Lentil Soup is hearty, healthy, and comforting. Made with Italian spices and tomatoes, it’s a winter staple that is vegan and gluten free.
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large zucchini, quartered length wise and then sliced
- 1 medium red bell diced, large diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup green lentils
- 1 (15 ounce) can Italian spiced diced tomatoes
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
- In a large stock pot, heat the oil.
- Add the onion, carrot, celery, seasoning blend, salt, and pepper. Sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, bell pepper, and garlic and sauté another minute.
- Add the lentils, diced tomatoes with the liquid, and vegetable broth. Bring to a simmer and simmer until the lentils are cooked, about 40 minutes. Stir in the fresh parsley and serve. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: recipes
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: ~1 1/2 cup
- Calories: 215
- Sugar: 8.7 grams
- Fat: 5.4 grams
- Saturated Fat: 0.6 grams
- Carbohydrates: 34.2 grams
- Fiber: 6.3 grams
- Protein: 9.5 grams
Keywords: Vegetable Lentil Soup