Do you ever feel like while the days can seem to go slow, the weeks, months, and years just fly by? It can seem like an eternity from the end of dinner to the kids’ bedtime, but then I blink my eye and realize my baby girl is going to be five (!) in a few weeks. Before I know it she’ll need enough fingers from two hands to show her age. Just stop.
That’s kind of how I felt when I saw the acronym PSL all over social media last week. I think it took me a few days to figure out what everyone was talking about: Starbuck’s famous Pumpkin Spice Latte. You see, I’m still a little stuck in summer and couldn’t figure out how it could possibly be time for pumpkin-flavored things.
Didn’t I just get my shorts out in anticipation of the warm weather? Wait, it’s practically fall already?!
Well, even though the calendar says there are just a few short weeks left of precious summer, we’ve been having gorgeous 80 degree weather in my neck of the woods. I can’t seem to get in the mood for a hot latte quite yet. But seeing PSL all over the place did get me craving my beloved pumpkin.
What do you get when you cross 80+ degree weather with a craving for pumpkin? Pumpkin spice ice cream, of course! I blended up some frozen banana-style ice cream with a pumpkin twist and it hit the spot. A perfect way to dive into pumpkin flavor before the cool weather hits. Why not?Print
Vegan pumpkin spice ice cream
Vegan pumpkin spice ice cream. Make it in just 5 minutes!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 2 frozen bananas, broken into chunks
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin puree (plain, not pumpkin pie flavored)
- 2–3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 scant teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch of ground cloves
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- Put all ingredients (start with 2 tablespoons maple syrup) in a food processor and process until smooth and the consistency of soft serve ice cream. Taste and add an extra tablespoon of maple syrup if you think it needs to be sweeter.
- Serve immediately as it will melt quickly.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 195
- Sugar: 14.5g
- Sodium: 8mg
- Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 48g
- Protein: 0.5g
Keywords: quick ice cream recipe
I topped mine with some vegan coconut whipped cream. Delicious!
If it’s already chilly where you live, feel free to skip the ice cream and go right to the Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate!