“DELICIOUS! Thank you so much Maryea! They ATE broccoli! They ate BROCCOLI! I called them Broccoli Cookies, because what kid doesn’t like cookies? They are still too young to understand that broccoli and cookie isn’t exactly a combination that makes one think ‘mmmm yummy’. I even used a cookie scoop to help portion out the “cookies”, and then flattened them with the back of the scooper.
They devoured three each, which for them is a lot. My “I don’t eat broccoli” husband even remarked that they were really delicious (in a surprised tone). Thank you again for getting my kidabunks and hubby to eat broccoli. Maryea, thank you so very much for helping me feed my family healthy and delicious meals.”
I hope you’re convinced to give these Broccoli Bites a try!
Broccoli Bites Recipe
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: ~25 nuggets
- 1–10 ounce package frozen broccoli or 2 small crowns, florets chopped
- 1/2 cup whole grain bread crumbs*
- 2 large eggs (if your little one is not eating egg whites yet, use 3 yolks)
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
Optional healthy add-ins
- 1 teaspoon kelp
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed meal
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with oil or spray with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- If using frozen broccoli, cook broccoli according to package directions and chop into small pieces. If using fresh broccoli, chop and steam until tender.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs.
- Add remaining ingredients to bowl and mix until well incorporated. (You may have to use your hands)
- Shape the mixture into 1 1/2 inch nuggets and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, flipping the nuggets over half way through the cooking time.
- Serve warm. Enjoy!
This recipe was originally adapted from here.
- Serving Size: 1 nugget
- Calories: 35
- Sugar: 0.3
- Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 2
- Fiber: 0.3
- Protein: 2