- 1–10 ounce package frozen broccoli or 2 small crowns, florets chopped
- 1/2 cup whole grain bread crumbs*
- 2 large eggs (if your little one is not eating egg whites yet, use 3 yolks)
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
Optional healthy add-ins
- 1 teaspoon kelp
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed meal
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with oil or spray with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- If using frozen broccoli, cook broccoli according to package directions and chop into small pieces. If using fresh broccoli, chop and steam until tender.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs.
- Add remaining ingredients to bowl and mix until well incorporated. (You may have to use your hands)
- Shape the mixture into 1 1/2 inch nuggets and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, flipping the nuggets over half way through the cooking time.
- Serve warm. Enjoy!
This recipe was originally adapted from here.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 nugget
- Calories: 35
- Sugar: 0.3
- Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 2
- Fiber: 0.3
- Protein: 2