Take your sandwich game to the NEXT LEVEL with the BEST Apple Panini recipe! Made with honey mustard, fresh thyme, two kinds of cheese, and the most delicious Autumn Glory apples, you’ll will want to make this recipe over and over.
This post is sponsored by Autumn Glory. All opinions are, as always, my own.
Do you ever take the time to make a good sandwich at home? I mean we all love a great deli sandwich, but do you actually make them at home?
If not, my goal today is to convince you it’s 100% worth the effort. This Apple Panini is a sandwich you’d find on the menu of your favorite lunch café, and now you can make it at home.
And once you try it, you will need to have it in your life on a regular basis. I can guarantee you that. The flavors here are just that delicious.
The star of the show are the Autumn Glory apples I used. These apples are so darn good! They have natural flavors of cinnamon and caramel and I wanted to make sure those flavors were able to shine in this recipe. They definitely do!
For the record, the Autumn Glory apples make awesome snacking apples, too. So when you get some for this recipe, grab some extras for snacking. (Maybe with this Yogurt Peanut Butter Apple Dip or this Vegan Caramel Apple Dip? PERFECT!)
We start Apple Panini with a simple honey mustard spread. Then we add sliced Autumn Glory apples (make SURE you get these apples–they really do make a difference with their unique flavor!) and top with fresh thyme and two different shredded cheeses, sharp cheddar and gruyere. It takes like 2 seconds to shred your own cheese and trust me, just TRUST ME HERE, it’s worth it. SO worth it. It melts better and tastes better without the additives. Sharp cheddar and gruyere balance each other well and are the perfect pairing here.
Butter the outside of your bread, and then you just put the sandwich in your panini press (We have had this panini press since we got married 12 years ago and we use it all the time!) and a few minutes later you have the perfect Apple Panini.
Promise me you’ll try this?!
How to Make the Best Apple PaniniPrint
The Best Apple Panini Recipe
With apples, honey mustard, fresh thyme, and two different cheeses, you are going to fall in love with this delicious Apple Panini.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: serves 2 1x
- Category: recipes
- Method: panini press
- Cuisine: American
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 Autumn Glory apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup freshly shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 cup freshly shredded gruyere cheese
- Preheat your panini press.
- Butter the outside of your four slices of bread.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard and honey.
- Spread the honey mustard mixture on the inside of two of the four bread slices.
- Top the pieces with the honey mustard with half of the apple slices. Sprinkle with the fresh thyme, and then top with the cheese. Put the remaining slices of bread on top of these.
- Place the sandwiches in the panini press and cook until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Slice in half and serve. Enjoy!
Special Equipment: Panini Press
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 501
- Sugar: 36.1 grams
- Fat: 17.1 grams
- Carbohydrates: 81.5 grams
- Fiber: 4.9 grams
- Protein: 2.4 grams
Keywords: apple panini
Please note that links to products may be affiliate links.