It doesn’t get any easier than this Mexican Quinoa Skillet Dinner! It’s vegan, gluten-free, and full of flavor!
This is one of my favorite vegan meals of all time. I make quinoa skillet dinners like this often, but I’m not sure why I never share the recipes. They are so simple and make a great easy weeknight dinner that’s packed with a great balance of protein, fiber, fat, carbs and of course…vegetables!!
This Mexican Quinoa Skillet Dinner can be ready in 30 minutes and is made with simple, everyday ingredients that are nourishing and delicious. That’s exactly the combination I’m striving to bring you with my recipes.
Healthy food that isn’t intimidating, difficult, nor bland or boring. I hope that’s the vibe you’re getting!
I tell you that it’s vegan and gluten-free because some people are looking for those things. For me, it’s just good, delicious food. I hope you make this easy dinner soon!
How to Make a Mexican Quinoa Skillet Dinner
Mexican Quinoa Skillet Dinner
With peppers, quinoa, and a little spice, this Mexican Quinoa Skillet Dinner is super easy to prepare and makes a great vegan and gluten-free meal!
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 23 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: recipes
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, diced*
- 1 cup dry quinoa, rinsed well**
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning***
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, sliced
- lime wedges, for serving
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until just softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers and jalapeño peppers and sauté until softened, another 5 minutes.
- Add the quinoa, vegetable broth, taco seasoning, and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer until the liquid is absorbed and the quinoa is cooked, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked black beans and cilantro.
- Top each serving with avocado slices and serve with a lime wedge. Enjoy!
*Omit jalapeño if you don’t want any spice. For mildly spicy, remove most or all of the seeds. Leave more seeds for more heat.
**Rinse the quinoa until the water runs clear to avoid any bitterness.
***I prefer this homemade taco seasoning, but you can use any taco seasoning you prefer.
- Calories: 391
- Sugar: 6.3 grams
- Fat: 11.6 grams
- Saturated Fat: 1.5 grams
- Carbohydrates: 58.9 grams
- Fiber: 15.5 grams
- Protein: 14.4 grams
Keywords: Mexican Quinoa Skillet Dinner