These Strawberry Banana Santa Hats are a healthy, easy treat for Christmas!
How cute are these Strawberry Banana Santa Hats?!
Something strange is happening this year. I didn’t think I had the “fun food mom” in me, but here I am, making fun food creations for the kids. (Just a few weeks ago I made these Chocolate Covered Apple Turkey Pops for Thanksgiving…)
It all comes down to this: said fun food creation must be SUPER easy and not take much time. Check and check. These Strawberry Banana Santa Hats are about as easy as any cute and fun food can be.
You can have a tray of these cute little Santa Hats in just a few minutes.
Can I take a minute to comment on the not perfect-ness of these Santa Hats? I used to let that stop me from even trying to make something cute, let alone post it here on my blog.
I’ve realized that it’s okay if what I create isn’t Pinterest-perfect. Can we all just embrace the imperfections? Take a little pressure off of ourselves? Yes? THANK YOU.
What I really love is creating something cute that is also healthy. For these Strawberry Banana Santa Hats all you need is bananas, strawberries, and a small amount of white chocolate for the “glue.” A little chocolate never hurt anyone, right?
Let me demonstrate just how EASY these are!
How To Make Strawberry Banana Santa Hats
- Prepare by slicing your banana and hulling your strawberries. Then melt some white chocolate and set aside a few white chocolate chips.
- Spread a small amount of melted white chocolate on a banana slice.
3. Press a strawberry onto the banana slice with white chocolate.
4. Now you’ll use a little more melted white chocolate as “glue” to attach a white chocolate chip to the top of the strawberry.
No worries if it looks a little messy like mine! You’re going to chill them in the refrigerator for a few minutes and once the chocolate hardens, those drips will peel right off. Easy peasy!
And, of course, if you like printables, here’s the printable version of this recipe/tutorial. Enjoy friends!Print
Strawberry Banana Santa Hats
These Strawberry Banana Santa Hats are SUPER easy to make with just three ingredients and are a healthy treat for Christmas!
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 8 Santa Hats
- 1 banana, sliced
- 8 strawberries, hulled
- 1 ounce white chocolate, melted
- 8 white chocolate chips
- Spread a small amount of melted white chocolate on a banana slice. Press a hulled strawberry into the melted chocolate.
- Dip a white chocolate chip into the melted chocolate and place it on top of the strawberry.
- Place the “Santa Hat” on a tray. Repeat with the rest of the strawberries and banana slices until all are complete.
- Chill for 10 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden.
The bananas will become brown and less appealing if you try to make these the day ahead of time, so these are best served the day they are made.
- Serving Size: 1 Santa Hat
- Calories: 37
- Sugar: 4.5 grams
- Fat: 1 gram
- Carbohydrates: 6.5 grams
- Fiber: .5 grams
- Protein: .5 grams
If you make this Strawberry Banana Santa Hat recipe, or any Happy Healthy Mama recipe, I would LOVE to see it! Please take a pic and share it on Instagram or the Happy Healthy Mama Facebook page and tag me @happyhealthymama ?
Also, if you try it, would you mind rating the recipe? It’s VERY helpful for me and other readers if the recipes have ratings and reviews. I appreciate you!
If you’d like to save this recipe for later, here’s an image to save to your Pinterest Christmas board!