Start your day off right with this delicious, 5-ingredient Mango Smoothie Recipe. It’s a healthy, refreshing, and creamy smoothie that’s perfect for summer!
Who doesn’t love fruit smoothies? There’s just something so satisfying about sipping on a creamy smoothie in the summer.
I had to take advantage of mango season, and one of the ways I love to do that is by making this delicious smoothie. I’ve made a lot of smoothies, but this is definitely one of the best mango smoothie recipes. You can use store-bought frozen mango chunks, or use a sharp knife to cut up some fresh mango into chunks and freeze them yourself!
The thing I love about homemade smoothies is that you are in control over what goes in them. I looked at the nutrition in the Mango Magic smoothie at tropical smoothie, and it has 81 grams of sugar!!! Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure it’s delicious, but that’s more sugar than you need in a day!
This Mango Smoothie is made with only 5 simple ingredients. It doesn’t contain any added sugar, only 13 grams of natural sugars from the banana and mango chunks. It also contains healthy fats from the coconut milk which will help you feel full until your next meal.
If you are looking to add more protein and fiber, I would recommend adding some chia seeds, unsweetened protein powder, and/or flaxseed. You could also add some spinach to get those greens (beware this will affect the color a bit).
I like to enjoy this mango smoothie as a healthy breakfast or afternoon snack. You can also make it into a smoothie bowl! If you do this, I would recommend using a frozen banana for an even thicker texture. Add some of your favorite fruits, shredded coconut, granola, or any of your favorite toppings!
How to make this Mango Smoothie Recipe
- Place all the ingredients into a high-speed blender and process until it’s smooth and creamy. Enjoy!
- Frozen Mango Chunks– Mango is the star ingredient in this delicious smoothie recipe. Using frozen chunks will create a thick smoothie.
- Orange– Oranges contain lots of vitamin c! You can also use Orange juice if you would prefer.
- Canned Coconut Milk– Canned coconut milk gives this smoothie a creamy texture. It’s thicker and more flavorful than carton coconut milk.
- Banana– I like to use a ripe banana, you can also use a frozen banana for a thicker smoothie. They’re filled with potassium and vitamin b!
- Pure Vanilla Extract– Just the right amount brings out all the other flavors!
- Add-ins (optional)- Ground flaxseed meal, chia seeds, and unsweetened protein powder are all great options that add so much nutrition!
Mango Smoothie Recipe FAQS
Do I have to use frozen mango chunks?
Using frozen fruit is a great way to create a thick smoothie. You can use a ripe mango and add some ice cubes if you don’t have any frozen mango on hand. You could also just use a ripe mango which will result in a thinner texture.
Can I add sweetener?
This smoothie already has plenty of natural sugars from the fresh fruit. In my opinion, adding more sweeteners will make the smoothie too sweet.
Is this filling enough to have for breakfast?
If you’re one of those people who doesn’t eat a lot in the morning, this smoothie is perfect to enjoy for breakfast on its own. If you typically are hungrier in the mornings, I would recommend adding some unsweetened protein powder or chia seeds for some fiber and protein which will help you feel full longer.
Can I turn this into a smoothie bowl?
Yes! If you use a frozen banana instead of a ripe one, it will create a thicker texture which would be great for a smoothie bowl. You could use coconut, granola, or any of your favorite fruits for the toppings!
What can I substitute for the canned coconut milk?
Canned coconut milk is thicker than the carton kind which results in a creamier and thicker texture. You can still use the carton kind if you would prefer. You could also substitute coconut yogurt which would still create a creamy smoothie.
Can I add other fruits?
Absolutely! If you add more frozen fruit, you might want to add some almond milk or any liquid so you’re able to blend it. Strawberries, blueberries, or pineapple chunks are some delicious fruits that would add great flavor!
More Mango Recipes
If you love mango or just have a lot on hand you’d like to use, I have some more delicious recipes with mango for you to try!
- Frozen Mango Margarita -an adult beverage everyone loves!
- 5-Minute Creamy Mango Ice Cream -if you want to turn your mango into a TREAT, try this one!
- Anti-inflammatory Turmeric Smoothie -this smoothie features mango to make it extra smooth and creamy!
- Tropical Breakfast Quinoa – this is a delicious and healthy way to add mango to your warm breakfast.
- Fiesta Salad – if you like fruit in your salad, try this one!
If you like tart and refreshing smoothies, I encourage you to try this Cranberry Smoothie Recipe!
I hope you enjoy this Mango Smoothie Recipe and all my healthy recipes! If you try it or any other recipe, please leave a star rating below! It’s so helpful for other readers to see which recipes are tried and true!
I’d also love to see it–share your photo of this dish and tag me on Instagram, and I’ll feature you! Let me know if this one gets added to your favorite recipes list. It’s on mine!Print