You’ll never believe that these Keto Brownies are made with almond flour! They are vegan, gluten-free, and diabetic friendly, so everyone can enjoy these healthy brownies!
You know all of the ingredients that make a brownie a brownie? Butter, white flour, sugar, eggs, and cocoa powder. All play an important role in making what results in the iconic dessert bar everyone loves.
Well, I substituted four out of five of those ingredients. Lemme tell ya, it is NOT easy to try to mimic everything that’s fabulous about a brownie without butter, white flour, sugar, and eggs.
But you know what? I think I did a fine job making these Keto Brownies as close as possible to the “real thing.” (Which, by the way, I do think there is a time and a place for.)
My family tried these with TREPIDATION. “They’re healthy brownies?” Meghan bemoaned before she took a bite.
All three family members loved them, though, even my brownie-snob of a husband who would never think Keto Brownies would be acceptable to his palate. And Meghan promptly asked or a second after she finished her first.
These Keto Brownies are a rich brownie, with a crisp top and fudge-y center. As I mentioned in my vegan egg substitutes post, eggs play a role in giving traditional brownies their lift, so these don’t have as much lift as brownies with eggs. But don’t let that deter you from making them.
Ingredients for Keto Brownies
Instead of butter, I used almond butter. You can go ahead and use peanut butter if you prefer. The almond butter gives these a slightly nutty flavor, but it isn’t too strong or overpowering.
In place of white flour I use almond flour and was pleasantly surprised with the resulting texture.
Finally, instead of sugar I used erythritol. I’ve been using this natural sugar substitute a lot in my baking lately and have been really happy with the results. It sweetens your baked goods without adding carbs or too many calories. The only downfall is that it’s on the pricey side. That just helps me with the moderation side of things! 😉
Who’s ready to try these healthy Keto Brownies?! I can’t wait to hear what you think!
How to Make Keto BrowniesPrint
Keto Brownies (Vegan and Gluten Free)
These Keto Brownies are fudge-y and delicious! They are made with almond flour and are vegan, gluten free, and diabetic friendly.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 33 minutes
- Total Time: 43 minutes
- Yield: 12 brownies 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 inch by 8 inch square baking pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ground flaxseed meal and water. Set it aside for a few minutes until it gels.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the almond butter, erythritol, salt, vanilla extract, and cocoa powder. Add the “flax eggs” and stir to combine. Add the almond flour and baking powder and stir to combine.
- Transfer the brownie batter to the greased pan and smooth the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 33 minutes, or until the sides are coming away from the pan. The center will not seem completely set, but that is normal and it will set as it cools.
- Allow the brownies to cool totally and completely, about 1 hour, before slicing to serve. Enjoy!
- If you like frosted brownies, these would be lovely with this vegan chocolate ganache.
Net Carbs=3.3 grams per brownie
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 130
- Sugar: 0.9 grams
- Fat: 11.2 grams
- Carbohydrates: 7 grams
- Fiber: 3.7 grams
- Protein: 5.2 grams
Keywords: Keto Brownies
I have quite a few healthy brownie recipes on Happy Healthy Mama from over the years! Here are some you may want to try!
Black Bean Brownies (vegan and gluten free)
Clean Eating No Bake Brownies (vegan and grain free)
Peppermint Brownies (vegan and gluten free)
The World’s Healthiest Brownie (vegan, gluten free, nut free)
Please note that links to products are affiliate links. I appreciate your support!