This Hummus Veggie Wrap is filled with goodness and amazing flavor.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 cup finely chopped kale
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 4 asparagus spears, but into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 avocado
- 2/3 cup hummus
- 4 flour tortillas (see notes)
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the kale, onion, asparagus, and garlic and sauté until the kale is bright green and the onion and asparagus are softened, about 7 minutes.
- Add the beans, corn, and rice to the skillet and season well with salt and pepper and add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Stir to combine and continue to cook until everything is hot, about 2-3 more minutes.
- Transfer the vegetable mixture to a bowl and wipe out the pan. Add the shredded cheese to the bowl and stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado and add 1 tablespoon lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
- Divide the mashed avocado evenly among the tortillas and spread it in a thin layer and then do the same with the hummus. Top each tortilla with an equal portion of the veggie mixture. Fold the tortillas’ sides up and then the second sides to contain the filling. (See pictures in blog post)
- Reheat the dry pan and heat each wrap until it is lightly browned and slightly crispy on both sides. Enjoy!
I used these 7 inch low carb tortillas*. If you use the large size, it will make 2 wraps instead of 4.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 wrap
- Calories: 410
- Sugar: 5 grams
- Fat: 21.75 grams
- Carbohydrates: 48.7 grams
- Protein: 16 grams