Store-bought salad dressings often have unhealthy oils, added sugars, additives, and more. This Homemade Italian Dressing recipe couldn’t be easier to make and is filled with healthy ingredients!
Let’s face it. When it comes to a great salad, it comes down to having a great salad dressing. This Homemade Italian Dressing takes about 5 minutes to make and can transform a salad from so-so to amazing.
Not only is this dressing going to taste fabulous, you get to control the ingredients. It’s pretty much impossible to find a store-bought salad dressing that is made with 100% extra-virgin olive oil. Most often you find cheap, inflammatory oils like soy, canola, or sunflower oils.
Homemade Italian Salad Dressing Ingredients
The ingredients in this salad dressing are simple (you probably have them in your fridge and pantry right now) and nutritious. No sketchy gums or “natural flavors.” —> I’m looking at YOU Good Seasons. 😏
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil (Get the good stuff. It’s worth it for flavor and health benefits.)
- Red Wine Vinegar (White Wine Vinegar will work if you don’t have Red Wine Vinegar on hand.)
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Monk Fruit Sweetener (regular sugar or honey may be substituted)
- Italian seasoning blend
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- dry mustard powder
- dried thyme
That’s it! Blend it in your blender for the easiest emulsion.
This Homemade Italian dressing can be used for a number of things. Your regular green salad, obviously. But also, what about marinated tomatoes? OMG a summer must-have! You could add it to these Roasted Tomatoes and it would taste like heaven. I also have a great Bowtie Pasta Salad recipe coming at you in a few days that uses this dressing. You’re going to want to check back for it!
How to Make Delicious Homemade Italian DressingPrint
Homemade Italian Dressing
A delicious homemade Italian Dressing recipe that is sure to transform your salad into something impressive!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: ~6 servings
- Category: recipes
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Monk Fruit Sweetener (or regular sugar or honey)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- pinch salt and black pepper
- Place all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve over your favorite salad. Can be stored in the refrigerator for about 2 weeks. Separation is natural, shake well after it sits for a while. If the oil solidifies after refrigeration, run the container under warm water until it liquifies.
- Serving Size: ~2 tablespoons
- Calories: 178
- Sugar: 0 grams
- Fat: 19.6 grams
- Saturated Fat: 3.3 grams
- Carbohydrates: 0.5 grams
- Fiber: 0.1 grams
- Protein: 1.4 grams
Keywords: Homemade Italian Dressing
Please note that links to products are affiliate links. Thank you!