This is a healthy and easy breakfast idea! Make this Christmas Acaí Smoothie Bowl in December, and switch up the decoration to keep it in your breakfast rotation all year long.
I get it if you want to have Overnight Cinnamon Rolls for Christmas morning breakfast, and there’s no judgement here. But if you want a healthier option for your holiday breakfast, or even your breakfasts leading up to the big day, you should make this Christmas Acaí Bowl.
Similar to my Avocado Smoothie Bowl, this is a smoothie that’s thick enough to be eaten with a spoon. You’re going to make a small, separate smoothie for the decorative topping. It’s so cute it’s worth the extra time!
Recipe Ingredients-What You Need
The BEST part about this recipe is that you’re putting all of these nourishing ingredients into your body. It makes me happy! Here’s what you need!
Ingredients for main smoothie:
- 1 whole frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- ½ cup frozen mangoes
- Small handful of spinach
- 1 tsp acaí powder
- ¼ cup plain yogurt (dairy or non-dairy for vegan)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup almond milk
Ingredients for small batch of smoothie for making decorations:
- 2 Tbsp Greek yogurt (dairy or non-dairy for vegan)
- Handful spinach
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2-3 slices kiwi
- 1 strawberry
- Chia seeds or banana for thickening (optional)
- Chia seeds
- Kiwi cut into quarters
- Pomegranate arils
- Shredded coconut
What is Acaí Powder?
Before you make an Acaí Smoothie Bowl, you probably want to know what it actually is and why you would want to consume it.
Acaí powder is made from dried acaí berries. Acaí berries are a fruit native to the rainforests of South America. You can find the powder in well-stocked grocery stores in the health food section or at a specialty health food store. Of course, you can also find acaí powder on Amazon. (affiliate link)
Health Benefits of Acaí Powder
Now that you know what it is, let me tell you why this is a food you’ll want to consume. It has some powerful nutrients that can provide important health benefits. Notably, it is rich in anthocyanin. This is a strong antioxidant that is thought to:
- have an anti-inflammatory effect.
- have anti-cancer properties.
- reduce the risk of heart disease.
- have a positive effect on blood cholesterol levels.
It’s definitely worth adding this superfood into your regular diet, and this Acaí Smooothie Bowl is the perfect way to get started!
How to Make a Christmas Acaí Smoothie Bowl
Here are the simple, step-by-step instructions for making this festive Acaí Smoothie Bowl. You’ll want to make this all year round and just change up the tree to something that matches the season. It’s a winner.
- Add all ingredients for the main smoothie, except almond almond milk, and place into blender, . Add half of the almond milk. Blend until smooth. Add almond milk as needed to reach desired consistency. Transfer to a bowl.
- In a small blender, gather ingredients for the small smoothie batch. Blend until smooth and the color of green you desire. Add chia seeds or banana to thicken. Add more spinach for a darker green color.
- Transfer the small smoothie batch to a small squeeze bottle. Squeeze the green smoothie onto the main smoothie bowl to create a custom shape or beautiful design. Add kiwi, chia seeds, and shredded coconut to the outer edge of the bowl. Top your design off with pomegranate for some added color and flavor. Enjoy!
If you love smoothies, you definitely should check out all of my healthy smoothie recipes. A few favorites are this Anti-Inflammatory Turmeric Smoothie, this Kale Smoothie, and this Pineapple Smoothie.
If you try this recipe or any of my other smoothies, will you please comment and leave a star rating? It’s really helpful for other readers to see which recipes are tried and true. Thank you! You can also share on Instagram and tag me @happyheathymama and use the hashtag #happyhealthymamarecipes to be featured.Print