I’m about to turn the way you think about chocolate-covered strawberries upside down. Introducing Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cups. Your life is never going to be the same. Okay, yes, that’s dramatic. But these are SO SO GOOD. I really want you to try them so I have to make sure I get my point across.
Is it Friday yet?
That was a quick subject switch, but you’ll have to forgive me. I have one little one home with strep throat today and a second little one who has the look. You know the look. Like he is going to be next. I was up for a long time in the middle of the night with Meghan and it’s just been an all around long week.
Thank goodness I still have some of these treats left in the fridge. Fridays call for chocolate. Especially on Fridays when it’s been a long week. Agree?
The base of these lovely cups is made with freeze dried strawberries. It gives them the pretty pink color and delivers in the flavor department big time. I used to only be able to find freeze dried strawberries at Target, but have since found them at both Kroger and Trader Joe’s. If those stores aren’t an option for you, you can also find them here on Amazon. Just make sure you get some, because you definitely want to make these. I’m going to make sure there’s no question about that. 😉
Ever since I created these Strawberry Shortcake Energy Balls, they’ve been the household favorite energy ball. Meghan, Luke, and Tim ask me to make them all the time. I started dreaming about making a strawberry+chocolate treat with the freeze-dried strawberries, and thus these cups were born.
I fell in love with texture of these Coconut Lemon Energy Balls, so I mimicked the way I made those but with a strawberry twist. I love the way they turned out! Let me say it one more time: please give these Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cups a try! You’ll be so glad you did.Print
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cups
These are a fun twist on the classic chocolate covered strawberry! Gluten-free and easily made vegan, these are a healthy treat.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 16 1x
- Category: desserts
- 1 1/2 cups cashews
- 1 1/2 cups freeze dried strawberries
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa powder)
- Put the cashews and freeze dried strawberries into a food processor and process until you get a fine crumb.
- Add the coconut flour, vanilla almond milk, honey, and 1 tablespoon coconut oil and process until it turns into a ball.
- Press the mixture into mini muffin tins, about 3/4 of the way in each cup.
- Place in the freezer while you make the chocolate topping.
- Melt 1/4 cup coconut oil.
- Whisk in the honey and cacao powder.
- Spoon a little chocolate mixture on top of each strawberry cup.
- Place the muffin tin back in the freezer or refrigerator to allow the chocolate to set, about 10-15 minutes.
- Use a knife to remove the cups from the mini muffin tin. Keep stored in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 116
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 18.8mg
- Fat: 8.25g
- Carbohydrates: 70.3g
- Protein: 2.4g