Chocolate Peanut Butter Nice Cream is a healthy way to take care of your sweet tooth. There’s no added sugar and just 5 simple ingredients needed to make this vegan “nice cream.”
I distinctly remember when I first discovered you could take a frozen banana, give it a whirl in the food processor, and you’d end up with a creamy, sweet treat reminiscent of ice cream. It was way back in 2010 when I first made banana nice cream and it was a life-changing moment.
Since then, I have tried and enjoyed different combinations of nice cream with bananas, different fruits, and, of course, chocolate. This Chocolate Peanut Butter Nice Cream is one of my very favorite creations.
I’m not delusional. I know this Chocolate Peanut Butter Nice Cream isn’t exactly like the real deal.
But is is a great alternative when you don’t want to eat the real deal? Absolutely. It’s sweet, creamy, and has the winning combination of chocolate and peanut butter.
I’m not against “real” ice cream and think this Cake Batter Ice Cream looks delicious. When I’m ready to indulge, I’ll give it a try!
For now, I’m sticking with this healthy treat made with simple ingredients I almost always have on hand!
Recipe Ingredients–What You Need
- 4 frozen bananas
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
There’s zero added sugar, so this is a treat that totally works if you’re doing a No Sugar Challenge. Because what is summer without ice cream?!
Here’s how you make this healthy frozen treat!
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Nice Cream
- Put all of your ingredients in a food processor.
- Process until the ingredients are smooth and it resembles ice cream. Scrape down the sides of the food processor a few times during this process.
- This takes a minute. You might look at it as it’s processing and think, “This Happy Healthy Mama chick is crazy. This isn’t turning into anything like ice cream!” But be patient.
- Once it looks like this, it’s ready.
- The longer it processes, the more like soft serve ice cream it becomes. I like to stop it before it gets too soft. It’s scoopable.
Enjoy this healthy treat that totally hits the spot!
If you make this Chocolate Peanut Butter Nice Cream or any of my other healthy recipes, please share it on Instagram and I’ll feature you! Also, if you try it, please leave a comment with a star rating below! Those star ratings are so helpful in helping my recipes get discovered. I appreciate you!Print
Another great healthy dessert/snack idea is this Brownie Batter Hummus!
This post was first published in 2018 and a video was added in 2019!