Skillet Chicken with Mushrooms and Peppers is an easy and healthy dinner that will make its way into your regular rotation!
Are you convinced that great, flavorful meals, meals that everyone loves, take extra time, extra ingredients, or extra something that you don’t have?
I’d love to help you change that perception. Let’s begin with this Skillet Chicken with Mushrooms and Peppers.
It starts with the unassuming boneless, skinless chicken breast. Everyone I know can use more chicken breast recipes. We all want to know how to take the leanest part of the chicken and give it some flavor because let’s face it: on its own it’s definitely lacking.
With really simple ingredients and not very much time, we can transform that basic, boring chicken breast into a tasty dinner you’ll want to make again and again.
This Skillet Chicken with Mushrooms and Peppers recipe uses simple techniques to make sure the chicken has flavor and isn’t dry. I used red and yellow bell peppers and white mushrooms for the veggies, but you could conceivably use a number of different vegetables here. Just use the base recipe and use what you have!
The best part is everything is made in one skillet and is ready in about 30 minutes, maybe less if you’re really speedy in the kitchen. (Or you don’t have kids who interrupt you fifteen times before you get one bell pepper sliced…)
I use a cast iron skillet and recommend using one if you have it. You can serve this Skillet Chicken with with rice or quinoa for a satisfying meal. Or if you’d rather keep it low carb, add a simple salad.
This dinner really does check all the boxes.
Quick? 30 minutes or less, baby.
Delicious? Oh yes.
Healthy? For sure.
How to Make Skillet Chicken with Mushrooms and PeppersPrint
Skillet Chicken with Mushrooms and Peppers
Skillet Chicken with Mushrooms and Peppers is made in one skillet with garlic, white wine, and dried herbs. It makes a quick, easy, and healthy dinner!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: dinner recipe
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pound thin-cut boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 red pepper, veins and seeds removed and sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, veins and seeds removed and sliced
- 8 ounces sliced white mushroom
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic.
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Coat the chicken breasts with 1 tablespoon of the oil. In a small bowl, combine the rosemary, thyme, oregano, salt, and pepper. Coat the chicken breasts with the herb mixture on all sides.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of the oil over medium high heat. Sear the chicken breasts 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chicken from a pan, and place it on a plate. Cover it to keep it warm.
- Add the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil to the skillet. Add the garlic, mushrooms and peppers to the pan and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper, then sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the white white and scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and simmer an additional 5-10 minutes, turning the chicken once during the cooking time, until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees and the veggies are soft.
Recommended Equipment: Lodge Cast Iron Skillet
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 297
- Sugar: 1.2 grams
- Fat: 17.4 grams
- Saturated Fat: 2.3 grams
- Carbohydrates: 5.8 grams
- Fiber: 1.3 grams
- Protein: 27.9 grams
Keywords: skillet chicken with mushrooms and peppers
Please note that links to products are affiliate links.