This Vegan Banana Almond Chia Seed Pudding is an easy, plant-based breakfast that is filled with protein and will energize your morning!Have you tried chia seed pudding? The first time I tried it, I swore it would be my last. It wasn’t the taste. It tasted just fine.
It was the texture. I could. not. deal. with the slimy-ish texture that chia seeds create when they meet liquid. Gag. (This is why chia seeds make great egg replacers!)
Then, I tried something that changed my whole entire mind about chia seed pudding. I blended it. Oh, baby. Game. Changed. Bye, bye to the sliminess and hello to creaminess. Much, much better!
Today I’m bringing you a fabulous blended chia seed pudding recipe that your whole family will love. It’s entirely plant-based and loaded with protein to fill you up and keep you full all morning. I started with Silk dairy-free yogurt alternative and Silk Cashew Milk. The dairy-free yogurt alternative is soy based and boasts 11 grams of plant-based protein per serving. I use the plain variety, so there’s no added sugar.
Silk Cashew Milk provides more calcium than cow’s milk AND is only 25 calories per cup!
Heads up when you’re shopping for Silk’s products, they have some snazzy new packaging. Here’s what they look like in the natural section of my local Kroger store. Same awesome products I’ve loved forever!
The chia seed pudding is lightly sweetened with some agave nectar (you can sub honey or maple syrup if you prefer) and a banana. I added some healthy fats for even better satiation and flavor with a little almond butter (any nut or seed butter will work).
Add a few sliced almonds for crunch and you’ve got yourself a perfect little breakfast or snack! I think you’re going to LOVE this Banana Almond Chia Seed Pudding. I hope you try it soon!Print
Vegan Banana Almond Chia Seed Pudding
This Vegan Banana Almond Chia Seed Pudding recipe is creamy and filled with plant-based protein to keep you full all morning long!
- Prep Time: 7 mins
- Total Time: 7 mins
- Yield: 2-4 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- 1 cup Silk dairy-free yogurt alternative (I use plain, but other flavors will work)
- 1 cup Silk Unsweetened Cashew Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Simple Truth agave nectar
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Simple Truth Chia Seeds
- 2 bananas
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- almond butter for drizzling (optional)
- In a medium bowl, stir together the Silk dairy-free yogurt alternative, Silk unsweetened Cashew Milk, Simple Truth agave nectar, and vanilla extract.
- Add the Simple Truth Chia Seeds and stir very well.
- Cover and refrigerate over night.
- In the morning, mash one banana and add it to the chia seed mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender and gently blend until it is completely smooth. Don’t over process.
- Serve in bowls topped with the additional banana, sliced, almonds, and a drizzle of almond butter, if you prefer. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 395
- Sugar: 11.3g
- Sodium: 64.3mg
- Fat: 18g
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Protein: 10.3g
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of WhiteWave Foods. The opinions and text are all mine.