Sweet potato noodles are the star of this quick and easy dinner that’s vegan and gluten-free. Are you interested in getting dinner on the table in 20 minutes? I don’t think it matters who you are or what stage of life you’re in, you can’t turn down a healthy dinner recipe that’s ready in 20 minutes. Am I right?
These sweet potato noodles make a fast, easy, and delicious dinner. The first time I saw sweet potato noodles, I was obsessed. I like zucchini noodles, but I like sweet potato noodles even more. How cool is it that you can make noodles with vegetables? Best food trend ever. Paired with a flavorful peanut sauce you can whip up in your blender, this meal is a winner.
Don’t get me wrong. I love pasta and will probably never stop eating it. Sometimes, though, vegetable noodles are the way to go. You can drown them in your favorite sauce and end the meal satisfied, yet feeling light. It’s a good thing.
I know there are a lot of fancy spiralizers out there, but I still use and love this julienne slicer that costs under $10 and takes minutes to make “noodles” out of my veggies. I highly recommend. One side works as a peeler and the other side lets you julienne your vegetables into noodles. It’s fantastic.
Whatever you use to make your sweet potato noodles, I hope you give this quick and healthy dinner idea a try. I think you’ll love it.
Sweet Potato Noodles with 5-minute Peanut Sauce
This vegan and gluten-free dinner is ready in 20 minutes! Sweet potato noodles are covered in an easy and flavorful peanut sauce.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: dinner
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1– 1 1/2 inch thin slice fresh ginger, peeled and cut into small peices
- 2 large sweet potatoes, spiralized or cut into thin noodles
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup peanuts, crushed
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Put the first 5 ingredients (through ginger) in your blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium low heat. Add the garlic and sweet potato noodles. Using tongs, toss the noodles until they are covered in the oil. Cook just until all the noodles are hot, about 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the sauce in a small saucepan over medium low heat until it is warm. (optional)
- To serve, add 1/4 of the noodles to a plate, top with some of the sauce, and then top with some cilantro and the crushed peanuts. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 351
- Sugar: 7.3g
- Sodium: 558.3mg
- Fat: 24.6g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Protein: 9.7g