A kid approved sweet and healthy snack! This cake is made with fruit puree, no refined sugar, and whole grains, so it’s a wholesome treat.
- 1/2 cup pear puree (instructions in recipe)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup no-sugar-added apple juice
- 1/2 large, ripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon + more for sprinkling on top
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 inch square pan and set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Peel and cut 2 medium-sized, very ripe pears into chunks. Put into a blender and blend until smooth (this should yield about 1/2 cup). Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana. It’s okay if it is a little chunky. Add the pear puree, apple sauce, apple juice, egg, coconut oil, vanilla, and maple syrup and mix well. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until blended. Fold in the raisins. Pour the batter into the greased pan and sprinkle with a little cinnamon. Bake for 25-30 minutes, rotating the pan 180 degrees half way through the baking time. When an inserted toothpick comes out clean, the cake is ready.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Snacks
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 of 12
- Calories: 135
- Sugar: 3.5g
- Sodium: 317mg
- Fat: 3.3g
- Carbohydrates: 25.9g
- Protein: 2.7g
Keywords: Apple Pear Snack Cake