You’ve decided to try out a meal kit service, but have no idea which one to try? This Sun Basket review will help you make your choice, especially if you’re interested in a healthy meal kit service!
Have you tried any of the meal kit services? Once upon a time there was one or two available, but today there are an abundant amount. It can be overwhelming, but if you know what you’re looking for, the choice can be a lot easier. I recently tried Sun Basket and want to tell you all about it.
What is a meal kit service?
Before I get to my Sun Basket review, we should probably clear up exactly what a meal kit service is in case you aren’t familiar. Feel free to skip this part and scroll straight to my honest review if you already know what they are all about!
A meal kit service is a subscription service that sends customers pre-portioned ingredients, along with recipes, for preparing meals. The meals are not already cooked for you, but everything is ready for you to prepare a home-cooked meal.
Most services allow you to choose from a selection of meals which you’d like for the week and have flexible plans that let you skip weeks whenever you want.
Sun Basket is not the first meal kit service I’ve tried, and I’ve always loved the concept. It reduces the time you spend on meal planning and grocery shopping by having 2-4 meals a week planned for you with the shopping done. It’s nice, especially when life is busy!
My Honest Sun Basket Review
So let’s talk specifically about Sun Basket. There are a few things that make Sun Basket stand out from the crowded space of meal kit services.
If you’re reading Happy Healthy Mama, you probably have similar concerns as I do about feeding your family. Convenience may be important to you, but the quality of the food you feed them is on the top of your priority list. Am I right? You’ll probably be as excited about Sun Basket as I was then!
Sun Basket is a healthy meal kit service. Here are some of the things that stand out about Sun Basket:
- Sun Basket has a variety of dietary preferences you can choose from. The meal plans they offer are: Vegan, Vegetarian, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Pescatarian, Lean & Clean, or Mediterranean.
- Sun Basket is a certified organic handler. 100% of their produce is USDA certified organic, as well as organic tofu, milk, yogurt, as pasture-raised eggs.
- The meats used are responsibly raised, without the use of antibiotics or hormones. (For some recipes, you are able to swap in premium protein, like organic, grass-fed filet mignon in lieu of their top sirloin.)
- Sun Basket sources seafood that is listed as Best Choice or Good Alternative by the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch® program
- Ingredients are seasonal and hand-selected from the country’s top farmers, ranchers, and seafood purveyors.
- The ingredients are delivered direct to your door, so it’s fresher than what you get at the grocery store!
How awesome is that list?!
If you’ve seen all you need and are ready to try Sun Basket already (seeing that list is all I needed!) click here and get $45 off . <—-That is a great deal!!
But are the Sun Basket meals good?
Ah, I’m glad you asked. All of the recipes from Sun Basket are created by award-winning Bay area chef Justine Kelly. They are also all approved by in-house dietitians and an entire meal is typically 500-800 calories.
Both of the meals we tried were fantastic!
Not only did they taste great, the meals were easy to prepare. That’s a must for me right now! I just don’t have time to spend at dinner time during the week. Most meals on the Sun Basket menu take about 30 minutes to prepare.
The first meal we tried was the Moroccan Chicken Breasts with Green Harissa and Spiced Carrots.
This was SO easy to prepare in one pan and the flavors were amazing. The kids really embraced the idea of eating flavors from a different culture and loved this dinner. I was so proud of them for eating the spiced vegetables as they usually prefer plain, plain, plain. These meal kit services are great for getting kids to try new-to-them foods and flavors!
The second meal we tried was a Quinoa Black Bean Burger with Sweet Potato Fries.
This was a vegan meal and we really liked it. Even Tim, who isn’t usually the biggest fan of non-meat burgers, enjoyed this. It came with an already-prepared vegan “cheese” sauce that was fantastic topping for the hearty burger.
Again, this was another easy-to-prepare meal. I was excited to see this as a menu option because I LOVE a good bean burger. The buns were also 100% whole grain, which I was happy about.
If you’ve read enough and want to try Sun Basket now, CLICK HERE and you’ll get $45 off!
Is Sun Basket right for you?
This is a 100% positive Sun Basket review because we had a great experience with this healthy meal kit service. The food was great and easy to prepare and my family loved the recipes.
In addition to everything I mentioned above, here’s more about why I loved Sun Basket and it might be the right meal kit service for you:
- The packaging is 100% recyclable or compostable.
- It can save you time and help you eat out/ get takeout less frequently. Home-cooked meals are the best and Sun Basket can really help you make it happen.
- You can choose your own recipes for the week, or select the perfect meal plan for you. You can choose to serve 2 or 4 and either 2, 3, or 4 recipes per week.
- There’s no commitment. You can skip any week or cancel at any time.
- It’s a great way to try new foods or recipes that have intimidated you or you’ve just never tried. Sun Basket makes it easier to serve delicious home-cooked meals.
- Sun Basket can help reduce food waste. You’re getting only the amount of ingredients you need for the recipes you choose, so no worries about having to figure out how to use extra of anything!
If you’d like to give Sun Basket a try, they are offering $35 off your first order and $10 off your second order. CLICK HERE to try Sun Basket for yourself!
This Sun Basket review is a sponsored conversation on behalf of Sun Basket, and links to products are my affiliate links. Thank you for supporting the brands that allow me to continue to bring free content to Happy Healthy Mama!
Would you like to save my link for later? That’s so nice of you! Here’s an image to save to your Pinterest!