This Spaghetti Squash Skillet is an easy and healthy dinner idea that the whole family will gobble up!I wasn’t sure what to call this delicious mess of a dinner. Is it a casserole? Everything is mixed together like a casserole. But it’s not baked in the oven. It’s cooked in a big skillet on the stovetop.
A Skillet Casserole it is!
When you’re looking for some healthy comfort food that’s not too carb-y, this dinner will be your friend. Let me show you how easy it is to make.
How to a Make Spaghetti Squash Skillet Casserole
You need to start by cooking your spaghetti squash. I have a great post explaining 4 different ways how to cook spaghetti squash. Lately I’ve been using my Instant Pot for this because it means I don’t have to cut the spaghetti squash, a task I really dislike.
Meanwhile, you’ll cook your vegetables and ground beef in a delicious tomato sauce mixture. If you’d prefer not to use ground beef, ground turkey will work here. Want to make it vegan? Consider lentils, beans, or crumbled tempeh as your protein here.
Once your spaghetti squash is cooked, you’ll add it to your skillet.
Use tongs to help you mix everything together until it’s well combined. Now you’re ready to go!
This is such a hearty and satisfying meal, yet it doesn’t leave you feeling heavy. I just love it and hope you do, too! Let me know if you try it?Print
Spaghetti Squash Skillet Casserole
A hearty and filling dinner, this Spaghetti Squash Skillet Casserole is healthy and delicious! Oh, and it’s easy to make also.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: recipes
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 pound lean ground beef (grass fed preferable)
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can Italian-flavored diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning blend
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: parmesan cheese for serving.
- First, cook your spaghetti squash.
- While the spaghetti squash is cooking, sauté the ground beef in a large skillet until it is browned.
- Once the meat is browned, add the onion, pepper, and garlic to the skillet with the meat and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes (with their juices), tomato sauce, and Italian seasoning blend to the skillet and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Once the spaghetti squash is cooked, use a fork to remove the strands from its shell. Add the spaghetti squash to the skillet and use tongs to incorporate the squash with the tomato mixture. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 308
- Sugar: 11.8 grams
- Fat: 6.9 grams
- Saturated Fat: 2.4 grams
- Carbohydrates: 34.5 grams
- Fiber: 7 grams
- Protein: 29.6 grams
Keywords: Spaghetti Squash Skillet Casserole
If you love spaghetti squash, you might also love this Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Spaghetti Squash or this Mediterranean Spaghetti Squash Bowl with Chicken and Spinach.
Please note that links to products are affiliate links.