I get serious snack attacks at night. I know all the dieting gurus say that eating at night is not good. Thankfully I’m not too much into diets and listening to gurus can be overrated. I listen to my body and my body tells me to eat in the evening. So I do. And that is that.
There was a time, not too long ago, when my night time snack of choice was cereal. Seriously, I used to eat my weight in cereal. Although I am still tempted by $5.00 boxes of Peanut Butter Bumpers in the grocery store, I mostly stay away from boxed cereals these days.
Roasted chickpeas are an easy snack and hit the spot at night, or whenever your snack attack hits. Eating these you are going to get a great dose of fiber and protein, so expect them to fill you up nicely.
Want to know what else is nice? A recipe with three ingredients!
Maple and Spice Roasted Chickpeas
An easy and nutritious snack
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 1 1/2 cups 1x
- Category: Snacks
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/2 cups cooked or 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/8 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- After you have rinsed and drained your chickpeas, allow them to dry for 10-15 minutes on a paper towel. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Put the chickpeas in a medium bowl. Drizzle with maple syrup and ginger and toss to coat evenly.
- Spread them evenly on a baking sheet and roast for 20-30 minutes, tossing the chickpeas around the sheet a few times during the cooking time. Watch to ensure they don’t burn!
- Serving Size: whole recipe
- Calories: 406
- Sugar: 30g
- Sodium: 844mg
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 78g
- Protein: 15g
Keywords: healthy snack
I love the mixture of sweet maple syrup and spicy ginger here. The ginger isn’t too overpowering; these are still kid-friendly. They are also husband-friendly, so go ahead and make them for the whole family.
Would you like a more savory version? Try my Parmesan Roasted Chickpeas, too.
I just clicked over to my other roasted chickpea post and discovered that the theme of that one was also eating at night. A double whammy for you. I do like eating these guys at night!
Question: What’s your favorite night-time snack?