These Paleo Raspberry Coconut Muffins are grain-free and higher in protein than most muffins! Best of all–the whole family loves them.
Heads up! This recipe for Paleo Raspberry Coconut Muffins was originally published in 2012. Photos were updated January 2018. We love these healthy muffins–enjoy!
Thank you all for your encouraging words on yesterday’s one month postpartum update. It was uplifting to read how many of you have had similar experiences as you transitioned from one to two children.
Everyday seems to get a little easier. Meghan is much more demanding of my attention than usual, but I know this won’t last forever. One thing I have done to try to help is take advantage of when Luke is napping and find things that Meghan and I can do together.
Letting her help me in the kitchen is a win-win because I get some much-needed snacks made while we are spending quality one-on-one time together. She’s had fun helping me make these muffins twice in the past week.
Breastfeeding has given me a voracious appetite, so having healthy snacks on hand at all times is important. These muffins fit the bill perfectly. I’ve been enjoying them as snacks, while Tim and Meghan have been loving them as a sweet dessert after dinner. Who says muffins are strictly a breakfast food?
If you haven’t tried coconut flour yet, it’s definitely worth picking some up. You can make a variety of grain-free, lower carb baked goods with it that are chock full of fiber. It has a natural sweetness to it, too, so you can use less sweeteners, as well. Plus, it’s a great gluten-free option for those who can’t tolerate gluten. Look for it in the health food section of your grocery store or grab some on Amazon. (aff link)
Check out the lovely texture!Print
Paleo Raspberry Coconut Muffins
These light muffins are grain-free, dairy-free, gluten-free and naturally delicious!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 8 muffins
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 large eggs
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (you can also use melted butter)
3/4 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
unsweetened shredded coconut, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 8 cups of a muffin tin with paper liners and spray with non-stick cooking spray or use silicone muffin cups*; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, maple syrup, apple sauce, vanilla extract, and coconut oil. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and whisk well until the mixture is thick and without lumps.
- Pour 1/8 cup of the batter into each cup. Drop a few raspberries on top of the batter. Pour ~1/8 cup of the batter on top of the raspberries. Next, drop a few more raspberries on top of each muffin and sprinkle with a little of the shredded coconut, if using.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 25 minutes, or until the muffins start to turn golden brown.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 153
- Sugar: 10.4 grams
- Fat: 7.3 grams
- Carbohydrates: 16 grams
- Protein: 4.4 grams
For a gluten-free, grain-free baked good, these muffins have an amazing texture. The flavor is lightly sweet with a subtle, not overpowering coconut flavor. The stats on these are impressive, too.
If you make these Paleo Raspberry Coconut Muffins, or any Happy Healthy Mama recipe, I would LOVE to see it! Please take a pic and share it on Instagram or the Happy Healthy Mama Facebook page and tag me @happyhealthymama ?
Also, if you try it, would you mind rating the recipe? It’s VERY helpful for me and other readers if the recipes have ratings and reviews. I appreciate you!
If you’d like to save this recipe for later, here’s an image to save to your Pinterest recipe board!