These Garlic Butter Green Beans with Toasted Almonds Recipe is equally good as a quick weeknight side dish as a pretty addition to your holiday menu! This is one of those recipes I’ve made so many times, I forgot I’ve never shared it here. Sometimes simple recipes feel too simple, but at the same time I intuitively know: simple is what you’re seeking. I know because it’s what I’m seeking, too.
Simple is what I need at the end of a long day when it’s time for dinner and I know I want to put something green on my dinner table. Simple is what I crave when my kids are complaining that they’re staaaarving and I’ve just started to prepare dinner. Simple is more than what I seek. Simple is what I need.
Despite their simplicity, these Garlic Butter Green Beans with Toasted Almonds are not basic. Even non-green-bean fans have said they love these. What can I say? Butter and garlic. Simple, but delicious.
Recipe Ingredients–What You Need
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- salt and pepper
I don’t always add the toasted almonds on top, but when I do it elevates these simple Butter Garlic Green Beans enough that they could totally have a place on your holiday tables.
You can blanch them ahead of time, and then it takes less than five minutes to prepare and serve these. They are a perfect no-fuss addition to your Thanksgiving or Christmas menu.
How to Make Garlic Butter Green Beans
- Blanch the green beans in a large pot of salted water until crisp tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large plate to cool.
- In a dry skillet, toast the almonds until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter over medium heat in a separate skillet. Add the garlic and allow to sizzle about 1 minute.
- Add the green beans, season with salt and pepper, and sauté until hot, 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with the toasted almonds and serve.
I hope you try them soon!
If you try this simple Garlic Butter Green Beans recipe or any of my other healthy recipes, please share it on Instagram and I’ll feature you! Also, if you try it, please leave a comment with a star rating below! Those star ratings are so helpful in helping my recipes get discovered. I appreciate you!Print
Want more green bean recipes? Here you go—>21 Delicious Green Bean Recipes to Try