These Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cherry Cookies are rich, decadent, and a vegan and gluten-free cookie recipe!
Oh, man. I adore chocolate and cherries together. I love them together in one of my favorite overnight oats recipes. It was only a matter of time before I created a healthy chocolate chip cookie recipe (yep, I love healthy chocolate chip cookies) with FRESH CHERRIES. <<insert all the heart eye emojis here>>
With a chocolate base, chocolate chips, and bits of fresh cherries in every cookie, you are going to LOVE these babies!
I did a couple of things for you. First, I made these Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cherry Cookies vegan. Nobody will know or complain that these are made with coconut oil instead of butter (use refined coconut oil for 0 coconut taste) and a “chia egg” in place of a regular egg. (Check out all my vegan egg substitutes here)
I also made these gluten free by using oat flour. It worked well! If you don’t need these to be gluten free, you can use all-purpose flour or whole wheat pastry flour in the same amount.
Last, these are almost a sugar-free treat. I did this by using Monk Fruit Sweetener and stevia-sweetened chocolate chips. These aren’t considered low carb or Keto, but the carb count is reasonable. No one will ever know, but your blood sugar levels will thank you.
Let’s eat some healthy cookies!!
How to Make Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cherry CookiesPrint
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cherry Cookies (Vegan and Gluten Free Recipe)
With fresh cherries and stevia-sweetened chocolate chips, these gluten-free and vegan cookies are a healthier treat!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 18-20 cookies 1x
- Category: recipes
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds + 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup room temperature coconut oil
- 3/4 cup monk fruit sweetener (or regular sugar)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup oat flour
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup stevia-sweetened chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pitted and chopped fresh cherries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the chia seeds and water. Set aside for them to gel. (This acts as the egg in this recipe)
- Cream the coconut oil and monk fruit sweetener until light and fluffy. Beat in the chia mixture, almond milk, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Gradually beat into the wet ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chips and cherries.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop by rounded tablespoons onto a baking sheets lined with silicone baking mats or parchment paper. Bake 12-14 minutes, until the cookies are just firm.
- Allow to cool on the tray for 5 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Baking Notes: These should be just firm when you pull them out of the oven. They may seem slightly undercooked, but will firm up as you let them cool. If you wait until they are totally firm, they will be overcooked.
Nutritional Notes: The carbs in Monk Fruit sweetener are not added to the nutritional information because they are from the erythritol that’s added to the Monk Fruit Sweetener and sugar alcohols don’t count as net carbs. Sugar alcohols are not counted because they pass through your digestion without breaking down — meaning, your body doesn’t utilize them.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 103
- Sugar: 0.6 grams
- Fat: 8.2 grams
- Saturated Fat: 5.7 grams
- Carbohydrates: 9.5 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Protein: 1.7 grams
Keywords: chocolate chocolate chip cherry cookies
Please note that links to products are affiliate links.