We all need to have a quick and easy side dish up our sleeve that goes with a variety of dinners. This mushroom sauté recipe is just that. It’s simple enough that you can easily include it in your weeknight dinner lineup. Yet, sautéed mushrooms are always elegant enough to include as a holiday side. Your Christmas menu isn’t set? Here you go.
Not only does this work as a side dish, if you want, you can totally make this a vegetarian or vegan dinner. Serve the mushrooms over a bed of creamy polenta, like I did, and you are set. That’s a dinner my dreams are made of.
Apparently mushrooms are a huge divider. People either love them or they hate them. I don’t understand the haters. Mushrooms make me swoon. Just looking at these pictures creates a Pavlov response in me that makes me want to start cooking at 5 o’clock in the morning. Unfortunately, I’ve eaten up all the mushrooms in the house, so I’m going to have to wait. I hope you don’t have to wait too long before you try these mushrooms. Have a fabulous weekend, friends!Print
Mushroom Sauté with Rosemary, Garlic, and Red Wine
This Mushroom Sauté is a quick and easy enough for a weeknight, yet elegant enough for a holiday side dish.
- Prep Time: 2 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 17 mins
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 1 pound sliced baby bella mushrooms, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons butter, ghee (or use olive oil to make this vegan)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 sprig of rosemary, roughly chopped
- Melt the butter in a large 12 inch skillet over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, and salt, and stir until the mushrooms absorb the butter.
- Sauté until the mushrooms cook down and all of the liquid they produce is mostly evaporated, about 10 minutes, stirring only occasionally.
- Add the red wine, and cook until it cooks off and evaporates, another 5 minutes.
- Toss the mushrooms with the rosemary. Taste and add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 98
- Sugar: 3.25g
- Sodium: 355.75mg
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Protein: 4g