This indulgent Peanut Butter Cup Keto Mousse is the ultimate dessert. It’s velvety smooth, creamy, and has an unforgettable luscious flavor. It’s elegant enough to serve at a dinner party, but I won’t judge you if you just eat it for a late-night snack!
Whether you are just starting out eating low carb or are an old pro, finding desserts that work and taste good is easy thanks to recipes like this. I know many people who have never tried keto think that you live off of bacon, and that couldn’t be farther from the truth.
The key to eating low carb is enjoying treats in moderation. This treat is extra special and decadent, and worth every bite. If you love rich and delicious keto desserts, check out my Keto Peanut Butter Cookies! I may not be on the keto diet, but I have so much fun creating recipes that work for those who are!
- Heavy Whipping Cream – Not only does it make your mousse super creamy, but it’s also a fantastic way to incorporate good fats into your diet.
- Unsweetened Cocoa – Adding cocoa will give the mousse a chocolate flavor that goes beautifully with the peanut butter.
- Sweetener – I prefer to use Swerve sweetener because it tastes great and doesn’t leave any weird aftertaste as some sweeteners do. It’s made with erythritol and doesn’t affect your blood sugar levels.
- Vanilla – It just takes it to the next level. You could also use another flavored extract like almond if you wanted to.
- Cream Cheese – Whenever possible, it’s easier to work with softened cream cheese, It will combine better and is less likely to get lumpy.
- Peanut Butter – The key is to use natural peanut butter because it’s not filled with a added sugar and hydrogenated oils. Plus, it tastes so good.
HOW TO MAKE PEANUT BUTTER CUP KETO MOUSSE
1. Combine one cup of whipping cream, sweetener, cocoa, and vanilla into a large bowl.
2. Use a mixer to combine until stiff peaks form.
3. Place the heavy cream mixture into a piping bag with a 1M tip. Put it into the freezer while you prepare the rest of the mousse.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add 3/4 cup of heavy cream along with the cream cheese, swerve, vanilla, and peanut butter.
5. Mix with a mixer until stiff peaks develop.
6. Add the peanut butter mixture to another piping bag with a 1M tip.
7. Gather 2 large or 4 smaller glasses or glass jars.
8. Begin by piping the chocolate mousse into the bottom of the glass. Fill it halfway.
9. Then add the peanut butter mixture and fill the glass the rest of the way. You can eat it right away or refrigerate it for later. Enjoy!
FAQS ABOUT PEANUT BUTTER CUP KETO MOUSSE
WHAT TOPPINGS CAN I ADD TO KETO MOUSSE?
This peanut butter and chocolate mousse is seriously incredible just the way it is. However, if you need a little extra crunch or some added flavors, you can certainly add toppings. Let’s look at some of these ideas to inspire you:
- Chocolate: Use your favorite sugar-free chocolate chips or chopped chocolate bars. Add some on top, and it will add a lovely element.
- Nuts: Crushed almonds, pecans, or walnuts would be crunchy and delicious! Sprinkle on as much as you want.
- Berries: Add a couple of raspberries, blueberries, or strawberries to the keto mousse. It’ looks elegant and tastes good dipped into the mousse too.
- Melted Chocolate: Drizzle some melted sugar-free chocolate on top of the mousse for some added garnish. So pretty and delicious too.
- Cookies: Remember those keto peanut butter cookies I mentioned earlier? Well, they make the ultimate topping for the mousse. Crumble and sprinkle on top!
HOW DO YOU STORE KETO MOUSSE?
The peanut butter cup mousse should be refrigerated in an airtight container. I like to use jars because the lid fits snug, and I can eat it right out of the jar. The mousse will last in the fridge for 4-5 days. Just don’t add any toppings until you are ready to serve, so they don’t spoil or get mushy.
If you like to make meal prep meals and desserts, this is a great one. You can make it ahead of time and have an easy snack or treat on hand throughout the week.
CAN YOU FREEZE MOUSSE?
Sure! Freezing mousse makes it feel more like decadent ice cream. You can thaw it out until you can dig into it with a spoon and enjoy!
Peanut Butter Cup Keto Mousse
Watch this quick video to see how easy it is to make this delicious dessert!
I have even more tasty treats that all work for a low carb diet that I think you will enjoy. My Easy Chocolate Fudge, Lemon Loaf Cake, and Keto Brownies are my favorites. You can even feed them to non-low carb eaters, and most of the time, they won’t even notice!
If you make this recipe, please leave a star rating below! It’s so helpful for other readers to see which recipes are tried and true! I’d also love to see it–share your photo of this dish and tag me on Instagram, and I’ll feature you!Print
Peanut Butter Cup Keto Mousse
This Peanut Butter Cup Keto Mousse tastes decadent and is super easy to prepare.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2-4 servings 1x
- Category: dessert recipes
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
For the Chocolate Mousse
- 1 cup of Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tablespoons of Unsweetened Cocoa
- 3 tablespoons of Swerve Sweetener
- 2 teaspoons of Vanilla
For the Peanut Butter Mousse
- Start by placing your one cup of heavy whipping cream, cocoa, swerve sweetener, and vanilla into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix until stiff peaks form.
- Place mixture into a pipping bag with a 1M tip, and place in the freezer while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
- Place you 3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream, cream cheese, natural peanut butter, swerve, and vanilla into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix until stiff peaks form.
- Place into a pipping bag with a 1M tip on the end.
- Grab a glass jar or drinking glass.
- Pipe your peanut butter mousse into the bottom, filling it halfway.
- Pipe your chocolate mousse in your glass or jar filling it the rest of the way. Serve and enjoy. Keep refrigerated if not eating right away.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 414
- Sugar: 5 grams
- Fat: 39 grams
- Saturated Fat: 21 grams
- Carbohydrates: 9 grams
- Fiber: 1.6 grams
- Protein: 7.7 grams
Keywords: peanut butter cup keto mousse
Please note that links to products are affiliate links. Thank you!