Crunchy Snack Cookies are the ultimate treat on the go! Each crispy bite gives you a taste of almonds and pumpkin seeds while being lightly sweetened with maple syrup! I promise you are going to want to keep this recipe nearby to make many times!
Be still my heart! Cookies that are actually…dare I say HEALTHY?!?! Yes! All of the ingredients in these tasty cookies happen to be wholesome and offer nutrients and health benefits. What could be better than that?
When you are trying to up your healthy eating game, it’s easy to get cravings and indulge in snacks that aren’t good for you. But because these crunchy snack cookies are slightly sweet and have some spicy cinnamon flavor, they will smash those cravings. Plus, eating something crunchy is so satisfying.
- Almonds – A great source of vitamin E, fiber, phosphorus, riboflavin, and magnesium, almonds are a great nut to reach for.
- Sesame Seeds – Oh, these lovely little seeds! Did you know that they are actually filled with fiber, and they are a source of plant protein. They might be small, but they are mighty.
- Pumpkin Seeds – In addition to protein, fiber, magnesium, iron, and some other vitamins and minerals, pumpkin seeds, are also antioxidants too.
- Maple Syrup – While you should eat maple syrup in moderation, it’s a much better alternative to refined sugar. It’s a fantastic source for manganese and zinc too.
- Vanilla – Use pure vanilla extract or any other flavored extract to give the cookies that extra flavor!
- Cinnamon – While the cinnamon is optional, it’s seriously so yummy with it. It’s also an antioxidant too.
- Salt – You just need a pinch, and it helps bring out the sweetness of the maple syrup.
HOW TO MAKE CRUNCHY SNACK COOKIES
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine the almonds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt together in a bowl until everything is coated with maple syrup.
3. Add mounds of the cookie mixture onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
4. Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes or until they are a golden brown color.
5. Allow the cookies to cool on the pan completely, then serve, and enjoy!
FAQS ABOUT CRUNCHY SNACK COOKIES
CAN I ADD OTHER INGREDIENTS?
Absolutely! You can make these cookies your own by adding in or substituting ingredients. Here are a few ideas to try out:
- Nuts – You can swap the almonds for any of your favorite nuts. Cashews, hazelnuts, and pecans are all pretty delicious. I recommend chopping them, so they are easier to eat.
- Pumpkin Spice – If you love the flavors of fall and all things pumpkin, sprinkle some into the cookies. YUM!
- Raisins – Adding in a few raisins will give you another option for sweetness.
- Dried Fruits – Add some more variety by mixing in 1/4 cup of your favorite dried fruit.
- Chocolate – If you can’t live without including some chocolate, that’s more than fine. Use dark chocolate to get a boost of fiber, magnesium, and iron!
NOTE: Depending on what you add to the cookies, you may need to add an extra couple of teaspoons of maple syrup. Don’t add more than 1/4 – 1/2 cup of add-ins to keep the texture right.
WHAT CAN I USE IN PLACE OF MAPLE SYRUP?
The best alternatives to maple syrup would be honey or agave nectar. Both are delicious, easy to work with, and better than corn syrup or other refined sugars.
DO I HAVE TO USE SLICED ALMONDS?
You don’t have to use sliced almonds and can use regular almonds if you want. I like to use sliced almonds because they are easier to bite into when eating crunchy snack cookies. It’s completely up to you and your preference.
HOW DO YOU STORE COOKIES?
Once the crunchy snack cookies are cooled and done baking, for best results, place them in a container with a lid that fits snug. You don’t want them to be exposed to any air, heat, or steam, or they will go bad quickly.
The crunchy snack cookies can be kept at room temperature and don’t need to be chilled. They will last 4-5 days and are great on the go.
ARE THESE COOKIES GLUTEN-FREE?
Yes, these crispy, healthy cookies are gluten-free. All of the ingredients are naturally gluten-free! Just keep in mind if you add extra items, you’ll want to make sure they are also gluten-free if that’s the diet you eat.
If you make this recipe, please leave a star rating below! It’s so helpful for other readers to see which recipes are tried and true! I’d also love to see it–share your photo of this dish and tag me on Instagram, and I’ll feature you!Print