Skip the Starbuck’s line and make your own Healthy Mocha Frappuccino recipe in minutes at home!
A few years back, I weaned myself off of sugary coffee treats. I loved them so much my car started driving itself to that coffee shop drive thru a little too often. So I started allowing myself to go only once a month. After almost a year of that, I just stopped cold turkey.
I never really craved them after that. I had my black coffee in the morning and if I ever wanted anything when I was out I’d grab a black cold brew at Starbucks.
Because it’d been so long, I was a little caught off guard when I started craving a Mocha Frappuccino a few weeks ago. Instead of heading to the drive thru, I set out to create a Healthy Mocha Frappuccino recipe.
The venti Mocha Frappuccino from Starbucks has over 500 calories and 80 (!!) grams of sugar, after all.
So the big question is–
How do you Make a Healthy Mocha Frappuccino Recipe?
It’s actually super easy! In the time it would take you to place your order at the coffee shop, you could whip up a delicious AND healthy frozen coffee beverage right in your own blender. Here’s how the magic happens!
- Use a natural, low calorie, low carb alternative for the sugar. I prefer to use Monk Fruit Sweetener or Swerve erythritol).
- Instead of whole milk, use a non-dairy alternative like unsweetened almond milk. (Dairy is known as an inflammatory food so I try to only it is minimally)
- Use raw cacao powder, which adds anti-inflammatory antioxidants!
With these simple substations and changes, you get a healthy drink that’s only 62 calories for a huge serving!
You can make it seem more indulgent by adding some whipped cream (you can even find non-dairy whipped cream) and stevia-sweetened chocolate chips. Starbucks who??Print
Healthy Mocha Frappuccino Recipe
Make your favorite Starbuck’s treat HEALTHIER with this recipe! Lower in carbs and sugar and it’s a vegan recipe!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 venti sized serving 1x
- Category: drink recipe
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: American
- 10 ounces (1 1/4 cup) strong brewed coffee, chilled
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup Monk Fruit Sweetener or Swerve
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- If desired, top with whipped cream. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: whole recipe
- Calories: 62
- Sugar: 1.8 grams
- Fat: 3 grams
- Saturated Fat: 1.8 grams
- Carbohydrates: 12 grams
- Fiber: 6.9 grams
- Protein: 4.5 grams
Keywords: Healthy Mocha Frappuccino