This One Pot Penne and Broccoli Recipe is a creamy, but light dinner that’s ready in less than 30 minutes!
I have another one pot pasta recipe for you today that I think you’re going to love: One Pot Penne with Broccoli. It couldn’t be easier and it’s a delicious meal!
Have you discovered the wonder that is one pot pasta yet? Let me tell you, when I learned about this dinner time miracle, it was quite a revelation. Dump some ingredients all in one pot, let it cook together, and in the end you have a complete meal with minimal clean up? Revolutionary.
The possibilities are endless and I’ve had fun creating new flavor combinations. This combination of penne, broccoli, and sun-dried tomatoes is fabulous.
I’ve played around with the method and the ingredients and have found when the pasta cooks in chicken stock it lends the best flavor. The pasta’s starch helps thicken the sauce naturally. It’s creamy, but doesn’t have any cream! I made a healthy swap and used Greek yogurt, which gives us a similar creaminess, but is much lighter.If you have a pasta-loving kid, this recipe is a great way to help them enjoy broccoli. I’ve found that if you have a food your child is reluctant to eat, it’s much easier to have him accept it if you pair it with a favorite food. In this case, creamy and cheesy pasta makes broccoli much more appealing than it normally is to an average kid!
Yes, this is a delicious dinner. But what really makes the one pot pasta recipe a winner is how quick and easy it is. Start to finish, you can have a complete dinner (that everyone loves!) ready in 30 minutes. You must try this!Print
One Pot Penne and Broccoli
This One Pot Penne and Broccoli is a quick and easy dinner that is creamy, yet light!
- Prep Time: 12 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: dinner
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 8 ounces penne pasta, dry
- 3 cups – broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- After you have cut your chicken into bite-sized pieces, season it with salt and pepper.
- In a large stock pot, add the chicken, 2 cups of the stock, and pasta.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 7-8 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the broccoli florets, the remaining 1 cup of stock, and the yogurt. Stir well.
- Continue to boil, stirring frequently, for an additional 7-9 minutes, until the pasta and chicken are cooked.
- Stir in the sun dried tomatoes and parmesan cheese.
- Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
*To make this dairy-free, use plain, nondairy yogurt instead of Greek yogurt and omit the Parmesan cheese. Coconut milk would also be great.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 510
- Sugar: 13
- Fat: 9
- Carbohydrates: 56
- Fiber: 9
- Protein: 50
If you love the idea of the one pot pasta, check out my Spinach Artichoke One Pot Pasta Recipe. It’s another favorite!
Another great one pot pasta recipe is this One Pot Lemon Parmesan Pasta–we love it so much!
If you make any of these recipes, I would LOVE to see them! Tag me on Instagram at @happyhealthymama 🙂
Would you like to save the One Pot Penne and Broccoli recipe for later? Here’s an image for you to save to your Pinterest recipe board!