If you’re craving Chinese takeout, this Cauliflower Fried Rice is the perfect healthy substitution! This dish that is full of flavor, quick and easy, and also low carb and keto friendly. The entire dish is ready in less than 20 minutes!
If you love traditional fried rice, you’re going to LOVE this low carb and keto Cauliflower Fried Rice! Seriously, is there anything cauliflower can’t do? I mean really. It’s such a versatile vegetable!
This Instant Pot Mashed Cauliflower is one of the most amazing things to ever touch my lips. Simply Roasted Cauliflower? Perfection. Need a healthy appetizer? Buffalo Cauliflower Bites. Oh, you want soup? Cauliflower Soup with Coconut, Turmeric, and Lime.
Ok, you get the idea. I’m a big fan of cauliflower and all its culinary prowess.
I’ve had a lot of versions of cauliflower rice, and Cauliflower Fried Rice is my new favorite. It’s just so flavorful and super easy to prepare. It’s got all the things you love about fried rice, just without the actual rice. Nothing against rice, but I know many of you are interested in eating less carbs. This dish makes that easy!
Does Cauliflower Rice Taste Like Real Rice?
It’s pretty incredible the way that cauliflower can take on the flavor of whatever dish it’s in. When you rice cauliflower and substitute it for rice in a dish, most people really can’t tell that they’re eating a vegetable. If you’re wanting to cut carbs for a meal, definitely give cauliflower rice a try! It is hard to distinguish it from real rice in this dish.
Recipe Ingredients-What You Need
How to Make Cauliflower Fried Rice
Making Cauliflower Fried Rice is incredibly easy. You can have this dish ready in less than 20 minutes! Here are my best tips to make it as easy as possible.
- Buy riced cauliflower. Most grocery stores sell it these days and it takes a step out of your prep work. I love a good shortcut!
- Lightly beat your egg and have it in a bowl, ready to go.
- Use a large skillet pan so all of your vegetables and riced cauliflower will fit without overflowing. If you don’t have a large pan, use two.
Make Cauliflower Fried Rice an Entrée
As written, this recipe is a side dish. If you want it to be your main course, you can add a protein like chicken or shrimp.
- To make it with chicken, add small, bite sized pieces of chicken before you add the vegetables. Continue with the recipe as written.
- To make it with shrimp, simply cook the shrimp first, set it aside, and then add it back to the final dish at the end.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for Cauliflower Fried Rice as much as I have! If you make it, please leave a star rating below. It’s so helpful for other readers to see reviews! Please keep in touch and follow me on Instagram and Facebook!Print
This recipe was first published January 2019. A video was added February 2020.