Almond Flour Cookies with Jam and Chocolate are insanely delicious. These vegan cookies are dipped in chocolate to provide you with a decadent dessert. This is a crowd-pleasing recipe that’s perfect for all occasions.
It’s no secret that I enjoy my cookies every once in a while! BUT these cookies are extra special because they are crunchy, filled with jam, and are coated in rich dark chocolate. You only need one cookie because they are so heavenly!
Healthy cookies are definitely my wheelhouse when it comes to making healthier treats. I just love creating different versions of cookies that don’t taste as healthy as they are! These Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies and these Healthy Pumpkin Cookies are also made with almond flour if you’re looking for more almond flour cookies.
1. Almond Flour – Using almond flour will make the cookies unforgettable, but it’s also filled with antioxidants and vitamin E.
2. Flaxseed Meal – You’ll need to use ground flaxseed meal for best results. It’s so good for you and has omega-3 fatty acids, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and more.
3. Vegan Butter – It’s okay to either use vegan butter or coconut oil. Both taste great and work well in this recipe.
4. Maple Syrup – The sweetness the maple syrup provides is amazing! It’s sweet but not over the top sweet.
5. Jam – You can use either strawberry or raspberry jam for these cookies. I love them both so much; I usually do some of each.
6. Chocolate Chips – I recommend using stevia-sweetened dark chocolate chips. They are tasty, and there is a multitude of nutrients in dark chocolate.
7. Coconut Oil – The coconut oil will make the chocolate melt smoothly, and it’s easier to coat the cookies.
HOW TO MAKE ALMOND FLOUR COOKIES
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Prepare the cookie batter by combining the almond flour, flaxseed meal, vegan butter, and maple syrup until it’s just combined.
3. Take the dough and form it into balls. Flatten them out with your hand and make an indent using your thumb. Put them on the baking pan.
4. Bake the cookies for 8 minutes and let them cool.
5. Add one tablespoon of jam to each cookie. Then put them in the freezer for 30 minutes.
6. While the cookies are in the freezer, prepare the chocolate coating. Melt chocolate with the coconut oil and stir until smooth.
7. Use tongs to pick up the cookies and dip them into the chocolate one at a time. Repeat until they are all coated in chocolate.
8. Put the cookies in the freezer so the chocolate can harden, then enjoy!
FAQS ABOUT ALMOND FLOUR COOKIES
IS IT OKAY TO USE A DIFFERENT KIND OF FLOUR?
No, I’m sorry, these cookies need to be made with almond flour to reach the right texture. Anything else, and they may be too dry, too wet, or crumble apart when picked up.
CAN I ADD NUTS TO THE COOKIES?
Sure! Nuts are a great way to add to the already incredible flavor and texture. I recommend placing the nuts in a food processor, so they are in small pieces. You don’t have to make them into dust, but if you do, that’s fine too. Walnuts, pecans, or hazelnuts are all yummy nuts that would go well with the other ingredients.
IS IT OKAY TO USE WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIPS?
While I am a huge fan of dark chocolate, you could swap it for white chocolate. Back in the day, it used to be hard to find stevia-sweetened white chocolate, but nowadays, there are a few options out there! So go wild and use any of your favorite chocolate chips to coat the cookies.
CAN I USE DIFFERENT FLAVORS OF JAM?
Yes, of course! I really love using strawberry and raspberry jam because they are very decadent flavors that pair well with chocolate. However, you could use peach or other flavors of jam that you like. Be sure to try out my Blueberry Chia Seed Jam and my 5-Minute Raspberry Chia Seed Jam.
ARE ALMOND FLOUR COOKIES GLUTEN-FREE?
Yes, these thumbprint cookies are indeed gluten-free. Each of the ingredients is naturally gluten-free, so you don’t need to buy anything unusual.
HOW DO YOU STORE THUMBPRINT COOKIES?
You should store the cookies in the refrigerator in a sealed container. They will last 5-7 days. You can also store them at room temperature, but you have to be very careful not to get too warm, or the chocolate will melt. Also, keep them out of direct sunlight or away from steam!
Are you infatuated with healthy cookies like I am? Take a look at my Crunchy Snack Cookies, Carrot Cake Cookies, or my Flourless Chocolate Cookies. Another healthy treat (that’s SO easy!) are these Chocolate Covered Blueberries.
If you make this recipe, please leave a star rating below! It’s so helpful for other readers to see which recipes are tried and true! I’d also love to see it–share your photo of this dish and tag me on Instagram, and I’ll feature you!Print
Almond Flour Cookies with Jam and Chocolate
Vegan and gluten-free, these simple cookies made with almond flour, flaxseed meal, and maple syrup, paired with strawberry jam and chocolate, make a delicious, healthy treat!
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 53 minutes
- Yield: 6 cookies 1x
- 3/4 cup fine almond flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter or coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup strawberry or raspberry jam* (note 1)
- 1 cup stevia-sweetened dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the almond flour, ground flaxseed meal, melted vegan butter or coconut oil, and maple syrup until combined.
- Form the dough into balls and flatten and use your thumb to create an indentation in each cookie, and place on the baking tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Place 1 tablespoon of jam in the indentation of each cooled cookie. Place in the freezer and freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, melt your chocolate chips and coconut oil, either by using a double broiler or in the microwave.
- Using tongs, pick up each frozen cookie and dip it in the chocolate, then place it back on the tray. Drizzle the dipped cookies with a little more of the remaining melted chocolate.
- Place the tray back in the freezer until firm. Keep these stored in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
Note 1: Homemade raspberry chia seed jam is wonderful in this recipe.
Keywords: almond flour cookies