Vegan and gluten-free, these simple cookies made with almond flour, flaxseed meal, and maple syrup, paired with strawberry jam and chocolate, make a delicious, healthy treat!
- 3/4 cup fine almond flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter or coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup strawberry or raspberry jam* (note 1)
- 1 cup stevia-sweetened dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the almond flour, ground flaxseed meal, melted vegan butter or coconut oil, and maple syrup until combined.
- Form the dough into balls and flatten and use your thumb to create an indentation in each cookie, and place on the baking tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Place 1 tablespoon of jam in the indentation of each cooled cookie. Place in the freezer and freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, melt your chocolate chips and coconut oil, either by using a double broiler or in the microwave.
- Using tongs, pick up each frozen cookie and dip it in the chocolate, then place it back on the tray. Drizzle the dipped cookies with a little more of the remaining melted chocolate.
- Place the tray back in the freezer until firm. Keep these stored in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
Note 1: Homemade raspberry chia seed jam is wonderful in this recipe.
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
Keywords: almond flour cookies