The Best Veggie Sandwich
The BEST Veggie Sandwich is made with roasted vegetables and sun-dried tomato pesto.
- Prep Time: 6 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 31 minutes
- Yield: 2 sandwiches
- Category: recipes
- Method: roasting
- Cuisine: american
- 2 zucchinis, ends removed, sliced in half width-wise, and then sliced length-wise
- 2 red bell peppers, ends*, seeds, and ribs removed,and cut into flat pieces
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or oil of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 large slices sour dough bread
- butter or oil
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato pesto, homemade or store bought
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the vegetables on a baking sheet and brush them with oil on both sides. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until tender and starting to brown, turning the vegetables over half way through the cooking time.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Butter or oil the outside of the slices of bread. Spread 2 tablespoon sun-dried tomato pesto on two of the slices. Stack the vegetables on top of the pesto-covered slices, and then top with the remaining two slices of bread. (the butter should be on the outside of the bread)
- Heat the sandwich in the skillet until the bread is toasted and brown, about 3 minutes per side. Enjoy!
*save the ends for another use
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 504
- Sugar: 10 grams
- Fat: 27.3 grams
- Saturated Fat: 6.3 grams
- Carbohydrates: 54 grams
- Fiber: 5 grams
- Protein: 3 grams
Keywords: the best veggie sandwich