Instant Pot Steel Cut Oatmeal with Bananas and Walnuts makes your mornings easy and delicious! The Instant Pot makes perfect steel cut oatmeal that will serve the whole family!
Today I’m sharing a recipe for Instant Pot Banana Walnut Steel Cut Oatmeal, one of the recipes from my latest cookbook, I Love My Instant Pot Anti-Inflammatory Diet Recipe Book. It was released in October, but I’ve felt overwhelmed with gratitude over how well it’s sold and the great feedback that keeps coming in.
I felt compelled to share a recipe here as a thank you. I love reading the reviews and hearing from people who have enjoyed the anti-inflammatory recipes.
Here’s what Elle had to say:
Amazing! Recently went gf and df and this is my lifeline. I make at least one recipe a week and my family loves them, including an almost one year old. I don’t feel like I’m missing out not eating inflammatory foods with this. Buy it!
Here’s another review from Ching:
I have a sensitive digestive system so always looking for recipes that would aid in relief. I’ve tried several dishes and loved them and will make them again. I’m looking forward to trying more recipes in my convenient insta pot!
Today’s recipe is a small peek inside the cookbook, which is filled with 175 anti-inflammatory recipes. You can order your copy here.
You will love this recipe for Banana Walnut Steel Cut Oats! It’s so easy to dump the ingredients into your Instant Pot, press a few buttons, and walk away. So easy, convenient, and delicious. Give it a try and let m know what you think!
Recipe Ingredients-What You Need
- 2 cups steel cut oats
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3 medium ripe bananas, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons walnut pieces
The only thing not pictured is the water you need.
How to Make Instant Pot Steel Cut Oatmeal
Making steel cut oatmeal in the Instant Pot is super easy. It’s even easier than the stovetop because you don’t have to babysit the pot and make sure it’s not boiling over. Here’s how you do it!
- Add the steel cut oats, water, almond milk, banana slices, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt to the Instant Pot and stir to combine. Secure the lid.
- Press the Manual or Pressure Cook button on the Instant Pot and adjust the time to 4 minutes.
- When the timer beeps, let pressure release naturally for 15 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure until the float valve drops, then unlock lid.
- Serve the oatmeal in a bowl topped with 1 tablespoon walnut pieces for each serving and top with extra milk, if desired.
Instant Pot Steel Cut Oatmeal Recipe Notes
- This recipe makes four hearty servings. Depending on appetites, it could easily be divided to six servings if needed.
- This Instant Pot Steel Cut Oatmeal is naturally sweetened with only banana. The more ripe your bananas, the more sweetness you’ll get. If you feel it isn’t sweet enough, you can add sweetener to individual servings. I suggest maple syrup or a golden monk fruit sweetener.
- This makes a great meal-prep breakfast. Extra servings can be reheated using the microwave or the stovetop. Keep any unused portion in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
- I prefer unsweetened almond milk for this, but any milk you typically use can be substituted in the same quantity.
If you’re looking for more, check out this collection of healthy Instant Pot recipes! A few more Instant Pot favorites include Vegetable Soup with Beans and Coconut Lime Chicken Bowls, and a staple, Instant Pot Brown Rice.Print
Links to products are affiliate links! Thanks for supporting Happy Healthy Mama!