Making nutrient-dense bone broth is quick and easy with this Instant Pot Bone Broth recipe!
Please note that links to products are affiliate links.
I love making my own bone broth because it’s full of nutritional benefits. There’s a reason why grandma told you to eat your chicken soup when you were sick! Bone broth is rich in nutrients and is known to be healing and restorative.
Health Benefits of Bone Broth
- Supports healthy skin, nails, and hair. (1)
- Supports healthy joints. (2)
- Can help heal a leaky gut. (3)
- Boosts the immune system. (4)
- Reduces cellulite. (5)
- Reduces inflammation. (6)
- Ease symptoms of a cold or flu. (7)(8)
If you’re not making bone broth, you really should start! Making your own homemade bone broth is the most economical way to enjoy these health benefits. Don’t be intimidated–it’s really not that difficult!
For years, I made my homemade bone broth in the slow cooker. That is definitely an easy way to do it. The only thing I really don’t like about that method is waking up to the smell of chicken stock.
Is that weird? I just don’t like that smell first thing in the morning. Any other time of day? I love it. Morning? No, thanks.
When I discovered I could make Instant Pot bone broth, I was happy to have a quicker way to make my homemade chicken stock. It only takes about two hours!
It’s so easy and then you have nourishing, homemade broth. You can start by cooking your whole chicken in the Instant Pot and then move on to the broth if you want. Make it a meal prep day! Ready for the Instant Pot Bone Broth recipe? Let’s do it.
How to Make Instant Pot Bone Broth
- Put the bones from a 3-4 pound chicken in the Instant Pot. (You can use other bones to make bone broth, but I’ve only made broth from chicken bones) Add aromatics, such as onion, carrot, and celery, and season with salt, pepper, and any fresh herbs you desire. Finally add 2 quarts of water.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and let it sit for 30 minutes. This helps draw the minerals from the bones.
- Use the manual button on your Instant Pot and set it to high pressure for 90 minutes. After it comes to pressure and cooks for 90 minutes, either allow the pressure cooker to release the pressure naturally or use the quick release valve.
- Once the stock has cooled, strain it using a fine mesh strainer.
6. Transfer the broth to a storage container. Refrigerate and use within 3-5 days or freeze for up to 6 months.
So very easy! Here’s a printable recipe for you!
Also, if you’d like to try to cook more healthy recipes in your Instant Pot, check out this collection of healthy Instant Pot recipes!Print
If you love my recipes and want inspiration for living a happy and healthy life, I would LOVE to keep in touch! Follow Happy Healthy Mama! Find me on:
If you make this Instant Pot Bone Broth recipe, or any Happy Healthy Mama recipe, I would LOVE to see it! Please take a pic and share it on Instagram or the Happy Healthy Mama Facebook page and tag me @happyhealthymama ?
Also, if you try it, would you mind rating the recipe with stars when you leave a comment? It’s VERY helpful for me and other readers if the recipes have ratings and reviews. I appreciate you!
If you’d like to save this recipe for later, here’s an image to save to your Pinterest recipe board!