We roast the outer leaves of Brussels Sprouts until they are a crispy delight!
- 1 1/2 pounds large Brussels Sprouts
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- After washing and drying the Brussels Sprouts, cut off the tough end and then cut them in half. Discard the ends.
- Peel away the outer layer of the sprouts until you get to the core. As you get closer to the middle, you may need to slice off a bit of the end as you peel away to help the leaves release. It depends on how much of the end you cut off initially. Save the middles for another use.
- Spread the leaves among two baking sheets. Drizzle each sheet with 1 teaspoon avocado oil and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Toss to coat evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven about 10 minutes, or until the leaves are browned and crispy.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 50
- Fat: 3 grams
- Carbohydrates: 4 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Protein: 2 grams