This Cauliflower Soup with Coconut, Turmeric, and Lime is quick and easy to make and is full of flavor! This is naturally gluten-free. You can make it vegan by using oil in place of the butter or ghee and using vegetable stock.
- 2 tablespoons butter or ghee
- 2 leeks, white and light green part only, chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped cilantro stems and leaves
- 1 1/2 pounds cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- sea salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut milk, plus enough stock to total 4 cups
- Juice of 1 large lime
- Chopped cilantro to finish
- Melt the butter or ghee in a medium stock pot over medium-low heat.
- Add the leeks, cilantro, and cauliflower and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the turmeric, curry powder, and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt.
- Pour in the coconut milk and stock, raise the heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover the pot partially, and cook for 20-25 minutes, until the cauliflower is tender.
- Scoop a few cups of the soup out of the pot and put it in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth and then return it to the pot.
- Reheat gently and add the lime juice. Taste for salt and adjust accordingly.
- Top each bowl with the extra chopped cilantro. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Vegetable Literacy.
To make this vegan, use oil in place of butter and vegetable stock.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Sugar: 5
- Fat: 30
- Carbohydrates: 19
- Fiber: 6
- Protein: 10