These oven roasted tomatoes are sweet, intensely flavored, and can be used in a variety of ways!
- 2 pounds tomatoes*
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or oil of choice
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning blend**
- Optional: Add whole garlic cloves to your roasting tray.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.***
- Core your tomatoes and cut them in half in the middle (around the equator, not lengthwise; see notes if you are using smaller tomatoes)
- Use your thumbs to squeeze out the seeds. Cut the tomatoes in half again.
- Drizzle the tomatoes with oil and then sprinkle with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning blend.
- Roast in the oven until they start to char and shrivel, about 40-60 minutes. Enjoy!
*If using smaller tomatoes, cut them in half lengthwise. You can also cut regular-sized tomatoes into smaller pieces if you prefer.
**These are equally good with just salt and pepper if you prefer.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: recipes
- Method: oven roasting
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 103
- Sugar: 6 grams
- Fat: 7.5 grams
- Carbohydrates: 8.8 grams
- Protein: 2 grams
Keywords: roasted tomatoes