This easy halibut recipe is quick to prepare and makes a healthy, super delicious dinner the whole family will love!
Meet your new favorite easy dinner recipe! I’ve made this halibut recipe once a week for the last month. Whether you’re the biggest fan of fish, or feel kind of meh about seafood, you’re going to love it.
Here’s why I’m so confident you’re going to love this halibut recipe whether you typically love fish or not: my picky husband raved about it (he does not hand out compliments about food easily) AND the kids both liked it. Can we all agree that’s something to get excited about?!
There are only a few kind of fish I like, and halibut is by far my favorite. It’s so mild and has great texture.
Have you ever baked fish in parchment paper? It’s not only a super healthy way to cook fish, it also makes it ultra-flavorful. For this halibut recipe I baked the halibut filets and asparagus in a parchment paper packet with some lemon and a mustard-dill sauce. All of those flavors get absorbed into the fish and vegetable as it steams inside the parchment paper. It’s SO delicious!
Tim and I just eat the halibut and asparagus right from the parchment. The kids, however, get a little overwhelmed with that presentation, so I learned to take theirs out of the parchment before serving it to them.
They are really used to eating salmon, but I hadn’t made halibut at home much until recently. I wish I had sooner as they both like it! I hope you’re whole family loves it, as well.Print
Halibut Recipe with Asparagus (Baked in Parchment)
This easy halibut recipe is baked in parchment with asparagus and a delicious mustard-dill sauce that is spiked with bright lemon flavor.
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 13 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4, 5-ounce halibut filets, 1 inch thick
- 1 bunch thick asparagus spears, tough ends removed and cut in half
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock/broth
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 3 lemons
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut 4 large pieces of parchment paper (about 15 by 16 inches) and fold them in half. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dill weed, mustard, chicken stock, and avocado oil.
- Slice 2 of the lemons and cut one of them in half (you’ll use the juice from one of the lemons).
- Unfold a piece of parchment paper and place one halibut filet on one side of the crease. Place 1/4 of the asparagus spears around the halibut.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of lemon juice over the halibut filet and then top with 1/4 of the mustard-dill sauce.
- Season the asparagus with salt and pepper.
- Top the halibut and asparagus spears with 1/4 of the lemon slices.
- Fold the opposite side of the parchment paper over the side with the fish and asparagus.
- To seal the parchment paper into a packet, make small overlapping pleats to seal the open sides and create a half-moon-shaped packet. Make sure to press each crease as you fold.
- Repeat with the three remaining servings until you have 4 parchment packs.
- Place the parchment packets on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven 13 minutes. Test the fish for doneness–the center should be opaque. If fish is still undercooked, reseal the packet and bake an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
*Recipe inspiration from here.
- Serving Size: 1 packet
- Calories: 171
- Sugar: 1.5
- Fat: 4.7
- Carbohydrates: 5.3
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 28
This halibut recipe would be fantastic with any of the following side dishes!
If you make ANY Happy Healthy Mama recipe, I would just love to see it! Please snap a picture and share it on the Happy Healthy Mama Facebook page, or on your Instagram and tag me @happyhealthymama ! 🙂
Would you like to save this halibut recipe for later? Here’s an image for you to save to your Pinterest recipe board!