Refresh your body and your mind with this nutrient-dense Wake Me Up Green Smoothie Recipe!
This ain’t your kids’ green smoothie recipe.
This recipe isn’t for green smoothie rookies, either. If that’s you, try this Hidden Greens Smoothie first. Or this Tropical Green Smoothie. Those ones are nicely sweetened and will ease you int0 drinking your greens.
But if you’re a green smoothie pro who doesn’t need the taste of the greens to be totally masked, and if you like a little zing in the morning, this one’s for you. I’ve probably tried every green smoothie recipe under the sun, and this one quickly made its way to the top of my list. Every ingredient in this green smoothie recipe has a purpose and benefit. Let’s take a look at these ingredients and what they’ll do for you!
Wake Me Up Green Smoothie Recipe Nutrition and Benefits
- Lime Juice–vitamin C, folate, cancer-fighting flavonoid compounds
- Coconut Water–potassium, sodium
- Parsley–vitamin C, folic acid, vitamin K, iron, antioxidants
- Red Delicious Apple–antioxidants, fiber, vitamin C
- Banana–potassium, vitamin B6, manganese
- Power Greens–vitamins A, C, E, and K, fiber, iron, magnesium, calcium, antioxidants
- Ginger–anti-inflammatory compounds, antioxidant, digestive aid
When you put all of these plant foods together into a smoothie, it packs a very powerful nutritional punch. Even when you make a list like this, you can’t really quantify the way all of the phytonutrients work together in your body to promote health.
This is why I love including green smoothie recipes in my diet. It’s the easiest, quickest way to include a bigger variety of nutrient-dense plant foods into my day.
I include a frozen greens cube in the recipe here. Lately I’ve been blending and freezing the Power Greens blend from Costco (you can find the directions for doing this here.) If you don’t have frozen greens cubes, you can just add whatever fresh leafy greens you have on hand, 1-2 cups.
I called this the Wake Me Up Green Smoothie because it just makes me feel healthy and alive whenever I drink it. This tastes healthy in the best possible way.
Fresh ginger gives it zing, while parsley is a mild bitter and I love that I can taste it here. The apple, banana, and coconut water give this just enough sweetness so you don’t feel like you’re drinking a salad. The lime juice brightens everything and compliments all the flavors. I hope I’ve convinced you to give this one a try! (Big bonus if you get your kiddos to drink it!)Print
Wake Me Up Green Smoothie Recipe
This is a green smoothie recipe that will wake you up with fresh energy!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 smoothie
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- juice from one lime
- 1 inch peeled fresh ginger, sliced
- 1/2 cup packed parsley
- 1 cube frozen greens or 1-2 cups spinach, kale, or greens of choice
- 1 red delicious apple, cut into chunks
- 1/2 banana
- 1 cup ice
- Place all ingredients into a powerful blender and blend until smooth.
- I love my Vita-Mix for super smooth smoothies! (affiliate link-thank you for supporting Happy Healthy Mama!!)
- Serving Size: 1 large smoothie
- Calories: 250
- Sugar: 34
- Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 60
- Fiber: 11
- Protein: 4
Would you like to save this recipe for later? Here’s an image to save to your Pinterest recipe board. 🙂