This Vegan Asian Noodle Bowl recipe is quick and easy to prepare (20 minutes total!) and the result is a flavorful and satisfying meal. Made with gluten-free brown rice noodles, fresh vegetables, and a delicious sauce! The sauce is easy to whip up in the blender and has amazing flavor. This makes a great dinner or meal prep lunch!
Anyone need more easy, healthy, and plant-based, vegan dinner ideas? You, too? I’m here to help!
This one couldn’t be any easier or quicker! It takes about 20 minutes to make this recipe for your Vegan Asian Noodle Bowl–you can’t beat that!
It’s a simple recipe using brown rice noodles as the base, topping with some quick, stir-fry vegetables, and the most creamy, delicious sauce ever. The sauce has some Asian influences with tamari sauce, sesame oil, lime, and ginger, with its creaminess coming from the almond butter.
This sauce is based on the peanut sauce I use in this Broccoli and Chicken with Peanut Sauce. I used almond butter in place of peanut butter because peanut butter can be inflammatory and wanted to make this an anti-inflammatory recipe.
You can, of course, use peanut butter if you prefer.
This is a gluten-free dinner recipe as well. I prefer brown rice noodles, but a number of different noodles will work here, including regular rice noodles or soba noodles.
I’m not a trained chef and I don’t claim this recipe to be authentic to any ethnic cuisine, but my taste buds know delicious and this is a great-tasting meal!
Recipe Ingredients-What You Need
For the Sauce
- 1/3 cup natural almond butter
- 1/4 cup low-sodium Tamari
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 tablespoon honey*
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 small crown of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cooked edamame
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces brown rice noodles or rice noodles of choice
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves and stems
- sesame seeds
*Many strict vegans don’t consume honey. I suggest using maple syrup or agave nectar in its place if that’s you.
How to Make Vegan Asian Noodle Bowls
- Place all the ingredients for the sauce in a blender and blend until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the peppers and cook for 2 minutes. Add the broccoli and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the broccoli and peppers another 3-4 minutes, until the broccoli is bright green.
- Add the cooked edamame and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice noodles according to package directions.
- Transfer the noodles to a bowl and coat with half fo the sauce.
- For each bowl, top 1/4 of the noodles with 1/4 of the vegetable mixture, 1/4 of the remaining sauce, 1/4 of the cilantro, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
This recipe is great for an easy dinner, but also works well as a meal prep lunch. Here is how I like to store mine:
I keep everything separate using these glass bento box food storage containers. At lunchtime, these can be eaten cold or can be heated up quickly using either a pan on the stovetop or even the microwave. Want another meal prep recipe idea? Try these Spicy Turkey Meal Prep Bowls.
If you try this recipe I’d love for you to leave a star rating below! It’s so helpful for other readers to see what’s been tried and true! I appreciate you!Print