This Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Lentil Soup is a vegan, gluten-free, and healthy recipe you can make in your Crock-Pot!
The word of the day is UGH. Just UGH. Why? Because the average temperature in Ohio in October is usually around 65 degrees. Instead, this month so far the average high temperature has been 80 degrees.
It’s not like me to complain about warm weather. I LOVE summer and I shouldn’t be sad about it extending a bit longer than usual. But I can’t help it. I feel like I’m being robbed of fall and when I turn around it’s going to be winter. And then it will feel like fall never happened. How sad is that?
Is this happening where you live, too?
Can we just pretend it’s sweater weather for a minute? Even if it doesn’t feel like autumn where you are, you should still make this Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Lentil Soup. It’s filled with nourishing, healthy ingredients that will warm your soul, even if your body doesn’t need any warming.
I ate it imagining it was a crisp fall day, perfect for a healthy, yet hearty soup. My dad recently gifted me a sour dough culture, so we enjoyed this soup with homemade sour dough bread–SO good!
The best part is that this is cooked in the slow cooker. (<—That’s an affiliate link for my favorite Crock-Pot Slow Cooker) Cooking this soup low and slow gives the flavors time to develop and gives me time to do my laundry. Win-win.
Whether you want an easy weeknight dinner (pair it with a salad and some crusty bread) or lunches you can have all week, you should make this Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Lentil Soup soon!
Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Lentil Soup
This Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Lentil Soup is easy to prepare, is vegan and gluten-free, and is full of wholesome flavor!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 3-8 hours
- Total Time: -25142059.6 minute
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium/large butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed, and cut into small chunks
- 1 cup brown lentils
- 8 cups (64 ounces) low sodium vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- Put all of the ingredients except the spinach into your Crock-Pot slow cooker* and mix well.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove bay leaf and transfer about 50% of the soup, in batches if necessary, to a blender and blend until smooth. Add the blended soup back to the Crock-Pot with the unblended portion and mix together.
- Add in the chopped spinach and stir until it is wilted. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: ~1 cup
- Calories: 117
- Sugar: 4 grams
- Fat: 0.25 grams
- Carbohydrates: 24 grams
- Fiber: 8 grams
- Protein: 6 grams
If you make this Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Lentil Soup recipe, or any Happy Healthy Mama recipe, I would LOVE to see it! Please take a pic and share it on Instagram or the Happy Healthy Mama Facebook page and tag me @happyhealthymama 🙂
Also, if you try it, would you mind rating the recipe? It’s VERY helpful for me and other readers if the recipes have ratings and reviews. I appreciate you!
If you’d like to save this recipe for later, here’s an image to save to your Pinterest recipe board!