This Shaved Vegetable Salad is a light and delicious salad that works well as a dinner side dish or to bring to your summer barbecues!
In a sea of sameness, this Shaved Vegetable Salad gets points for standing out. At most of your summer barbecues you’ll find pasta salads, you’ll find potato salads, and you might even find a green salad.
There’s a very good chance you’ll be the only one bringing a Shaved Vegetable Salad. And that’s a good thing. Be bold. Be different.
While this lovely salad works well for your summer barbecues and picnics, it works equally well as a quick, no cook, dinner side dish. We all can appreciate that on hot spring and summer days, no?
How do you make a Shaved Vegetable Salad?
It’s really easy to make this salad and no special equipment is needed. If you have a vegetable peeler in your drawer, you can make a Shaved Vegetable Salad.
Take your vegetable peeler and shave long, thin strips of vegetables. You hold your vegetable length wise, and peel long strips. A lighter touch makes for thinner strips, pressing more firmly will result in thicker strips. You want that sweet spot where your shaved vegetables aren’t so thin they are breaking, but not so thick that they won’t bend and fold.
The dressing for this Shaved Vegetable Salad is yogurt-based with fresh dill. It’s light, a little creamy, and works well with the shaved carrots and zucchini.
I hope you try this one soon and love it!
Recipe for Shaved Vegetable SaladPrint
Shaved Vegetable Salad with a Tangy Dill Dressing
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
This Shaved Vegetable Salad is light and makes a lovely side dish that is easy to prepare!
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium/large carrots
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, plus extra for garnish, if desired
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces, roughly chopped
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave the zucchini and carrot length-wise into thin strips. Place them in a large bowl and sprinkle with the salt. Toss to coat. Set the bowl aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, and fresh dill. If the dressing is too thick for your preferences, add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until it is thin enough.
- In a small, dry skillet, toast the pecan pieces over medium heat until they are slightly darker and fragrant, a few minutes.
- Drizzle the dressing on the shaved vegetables, and gently toss to coat. Arrange the vegetables on a platter or shallow bowl. Season one more time with salt and pepper. Top with the toasted pecans and extra fresh dill, if using. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Calories: 124
- Sugar: 3.6 grams
- Fat: 8.1 grams
- Carbohydrates: 8.1 grams
- Protein: 3.1 grams
If you love my recipes and want inspiration for living a happy and healthy life, I would LOVE to keep in touch! Follow Happy Healthy Mama! Find me on:
If you make this Shaved Vegetable Salad recipe, or any Happy Healthy Mama recipe, I would LOVE to see it! Please take a pic and share it on Instagram or the Happy Healthy Mama Facebook page and tag me @happyhealthymama ?
Also, if you try it, would you mind rating the recipe with stars when you leave a comment? It’s VERY helpful for me and other readers if the recipes have ratings and reviews. I appreciate you!
If you are looking for more healthy salads, here are a few for you to choose from:
White Bean Salad
Rainbow Farro Salad
Quinoa Salad Recipe
Avocado Chicken Salad
good work keep shairng
Thanks for sharing salad recipes
Microsoft Toolkit Download says
Thanks for sharing salad recipes you site is so good and you working hard… i appreciate
usps tracking says
wow, this dish looks delicious, i will try it for my family to eat, thank you for sharing the way