This Quinoa Caprese Salad is the perfect summer salad made with tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and fresh basil! The quinoa adds bulk and protein, making this a heartier salad that can be a side dish or a light meal by itself!
Tomatoes + Basil + Fresh Mozzarella is my jam all summer long. I put together a Caprese salad a few times a week when tomatoes and basil are in season. For this Quinoa Caprese Salad, I added quinoa to the mix. It was a very good decision.
The result was a hearty, satisfying salad that I was instantly obsessed with. I knew I had to share it with all of you before summer was over so you could add it to your rotation, too.
The Quinoa Caprese Salad is dressed simply with extra-virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper. It’s all you need when fresh, summer tomatoes are bursting with flavor and you don’t want to compete with the signature flavor of the basil.
To make this Quinoa Caprese Salad come together in a snap, you can cook your quinoa ahead of time. I recommend cooking the quinoa in stock to give it maximum flavor for this dish.
I hope you and your family love this as much as we have!
How to Prepare Quinoa Caprese SaladPrint
Quinoa Caprese Salad Recipe
With quinoa, tomatoes, basil, and fresh mozzarella, this Quinoa Caprese Salad is a flavorful salad that’s perfect for a side dish or light meal all by itself!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 1 cup dry quinoa, rinsed well
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 pounds small tomatoes, larger ones cut in half
- 7 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup packed basil leaves, chiffonade
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a medium saucepan, bring the quinoa and vegetable stock to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 12 minutes, until the liquid is absorbed.
- After the liquid is absorbed, remove it from the heat and keep the lid on the quinoa for 5 minutes to continue steaming.
- Allow the quinoa to cool completely before putting the salad together.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooled quinoa, tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil leaves.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Drizzle it over the quinoa mixture and gently toss to coat. Enjoy!
- Calories: 263
- Sugar: 5.6 grams
- Fat: 11.9 grams
- Carbohydrates: 26 grams
- Protein: 13 grams
Keywords: Quinoa Caprese Salad
If you make this Quinoa Caprese Salad, or any Happy Healthy Mama recipe, I would LOVE to see it! Please take a pic and share it on Instagram or the Happy Healthy Mama Facebook page and tag me @happyhealthymama ?
Also, if you try it, would you mind rating the recipe with stars when you leave a comment? It’s VERY helpful for me and other readers if the recipes have ratings and reviews. I appreciate you!
Want more Quinoa Salad goodness? Try one of these favorites!